Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Steelers Rest Ben, Start Batch vs. Reeling Chargers?

Bookmark and Share
    Rookie Free Agent

Should Steelers Rest Ben, Start Batch vs. Reeling Chargers?

At home versus the lifeless Chargers it would be ideal to use Batch one more week.....but they need to win the last 4 games and get rolling at the perfect time.

Gotta beat the Chargers....I'd have been ready and let Batch start to see if they can go another week without Ben.

This team is near good health....and they can get it rolling. I have them as the 5 seed and Ravens as the 4.....

Things could get real interesting IMO

Rookie Free Agent

BTW....I'm a newbie. I had to find an actual Steelers site as my main site lacks Steelers talk on game day and too many Browns fans being idiotic. My favorite team has always been the Steelers....29 years and counting

I went to Steeler Nation first but they act like you have to have 10,000 posts to be worthy to comment....and they are minor league without Tapatalk

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Two big errors I see being made here.

1) Thinking that the Chargers cannot come in and win this game. Yes, they have played like crap but there is a lot of talent on that offense. This is the NFL and there are no sure things.

2) Some seem too ready to take a chance on this game as if a playoff spot is ours. For crying out loud, we are TIED for the last playoff spot with the Bungles. We cannot afford to give Ben an extra week if he is healthy enough to be effective.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

chargers (like the raiders, broncos, chiefs, jaguars) always seem to give the steelers a hell of a game no matter how bad they might be

Rookie Free Agent

Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post

1) Thinking that the Chargers cannot come in and win this game. Yes, they have played like crap but there is a lot of talent on that offense. This is the NFL and there are no sure things.

2) Some seem too ready to take a chance on this game as if a playoff spot is ours. For crying out loud, we are TIED for the last playoff spot with the Bungles. We cannot afford to give Ben an extra week if he is healthy enough to be effective.
    All this is understood. We lost to the horrid Raiders and Titans with Ben. We witnessed the Browns game.

This franchise has had it's share of frustration this season....from here on out we're winning. I hate Rivers and can't stand Norv, so I fully expect them to cause me great irritation Sunday. But we're gonna win.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    I"m not sure. I think we can beat the Chargers without Ben. I just don't believe he'll be able to make all the throws. Plus, with out defense the way it's playing, and the way Phillip Rivers is turning the ball over, I think we can run the ball down their throats.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    patriots-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison92 View Post
    Steelers 4 game season starts Sunday. If Ben is able to play based on practice performance, yes. If he is playing based on guts and adreneline, no.

Steelers can still win this division (SD, @Dallas, CIN, CLE)
    Ravens have a harder road (@Wash, NYG, Den, @ CIN)
    Agree. Ratbirds have eked out games they could easily -- and probably should have--lost, such as Dal., S.D., & S.D. they caught breaks in not having to face Big Ben. They are paper tigers. Now Suggs is hurt again. Their wideouts are not that scary. Shut down Torrey Smith and they can't score much.
    STEELSPIKES

My Mood
    patriots-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    BTW....I'm a newbie. I had to find an actual Steelers site as my main site lacks Steelers talk on game day and too many Browns fans being idiotic. My favorite team has always been the Steelers....29 years and counting

I went to Steeler Nation first but they act like you have to have 10,000 posts to be worthy to comment....and they are minor league without Tapatalk
    Welcome to SA.
    STEELSPIKES

My Mood
    patriots-hater
    Good points, but Bolts have to be really demoralized. Norv will soon be unemployed.
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post

STEELSPIKES

Assistant Coach RIVERS OF STEEL's Avatar
    My Mood
    Where
    Ironman92

Welcome to the real Nation. Steeler Addicts is your home. Nice post.

And their fans.

Thread Information