Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Steelers Rest Ben, Start Batch vs. Reeling Chargers?

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    No. I'm not paying $100 to watch Batch at QB. Besides, let Batch go out with people remembering him for doing something great. Don't let him **** it up.
    this.

last thing they need is to lose to another worse team,the season needs to be like the 7-5 steelers going into soldier field in 05 and winning out

Steelers 4 game season starts Sunday. If Ben is able to play based on practice performance, yes. If he is playing based on guts and adreneline, no.

Steelers can still win this division (SD, @Dallas, CIN, CLE)
    Ravens have a harder road (@Wash, NYG, Den, @ CIN)

My Mood
    colts-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    If Ben can make all the throws and is medically cleared then yea he should play...........But the Chargers are on the verge of mailing it in.....I really think the Steelers can beat the Chargers in Pittsburgh with Batch at QB......
    I think Batch can beat them too. The Chargers keep in mind also are a horrible team on the road when playing on the East Coast at 1 o clock. Phillip Rivers hasnt been good at all the last few weeks and I look for the Steelers defense to give him fits on a cold day Sunday at Heinz Field where he and the rest of the Chargers will be very uncomfortable. With that being said, I think if Ben is ready to go you definitely play him which I think he will be...

My Mood
    colts-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison92 View Post
    Steelers 4 game season starts Sunday. If Ben is able to play based on practice performance, yes. If he is playing based on guts and adreneline, no.

It will get very interesting if the Skins beat the Ravens Sunday and the Steelers beat the Chargers then the deficit will only be down to 1 game in the division. Then, all you would need is the Ravens to lose 2 out of their last 3 to both Manning brothers or the Bengals all who will be fighting for their playoff lives...And if Batch can beat the Ravens at home in Baltimore you know damn well that the Broncos and Giants with Peyton and Eli can do the exact samething..Im with you this is far from a decided race in the AFC North...The Ravens opened the door a little bit for the Steelers yesterday by not closing them out when they had the chance...

Looking at SD'd numbers, they are similar to the Steelers on offense and defense, with the only glaring exception being pass defense. Steelers give up 166 YPG where SD gives up 240 ypg. Their points allowed are similar, and they have been in every game they lost this year. This is not a show up and win game for the Steelers; if Ben practices and has a good week of practice, he should play. If not, then it's all hands on deck again and the Steelers need to do whatever necessary to come out of the game with a W.

Looking at Rivers, he doesn't get sacked often, but throws off his back foot quite a bit. if the Steelers can get pressure on him up the middle, he will be a sitting duck. Take away Floyd and Gates and don't so anything stupid, and this game shold be another W for the Steelers.

Should Steelers Rest Ben, Start Batch vs. Reeling Chargers?

Rivers is due to have an awesome game. Lets not take this team lightly!

Rookie Free Agent
    My Mood
    Grumpy

My Social Networks

Follow City of Champyinz On Twitter Add City of Champyinz on Facebook Add City of Champyinz on Google+
    It all depends on how Ben feels. Batch is a very capable QB. I guess he just needed to shake the cob webs off in Cleveland. The Steelers have an awesome supporting cast which is very "back QB friendly" as some analysts have said. There is a sense of urgency. The Steelers need to win as many games as possible down the stretch, but it's not worth it if it means Ben playing horribly because he's not quite ready. If he can throw the ball down the field, he definitely needs to start against the Chargers IMO. Not necessarily because he gives the team a better chance of winning, but he can get re-acclimated to the offense in order to be on point down the stretch.

Assistant Coach RIVERS OF STEEL's Avatar
    My Mood
    Where
    If it looks like the way we won in Blatimore then check Ben for another day. Need him more for the final assault.

And their fans.

My Mood
    Addicted
    If he's ready you have to play him. We need to run the table
    River Rat
    GO STEELERS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Harrison92 View Post

If the ravens are knocked down... we would switch from 6 to 3rd seed and have a home game.. if the bengals also lose a few.

Thread Information