Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ike Taylor injury tracker

Bookmark and Share

Ike Taylor injury tracker

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/87...6-weeks-source

Ike Taylor to have MRI on Monday
    Ike Taylor is expected to miss three to six weeks after injuring his right ankle in the first series against the Ravens on Sunday, a source has told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Taylor, who has an interception and 13 passes defensed in 12 games this season, was seen on the sideline with a walking boot. He is scheduled to undergo an MRI exam Monday.

The Ravens picked on Taylor's replacement, Cortez Allen, who was flagged for a 30-yard pass interference penalty (which led to a field goal) and was beaten on a 28-yard touchdown pass to Anquan Boldin.

"During the course of the game, I had some ups and downs," Allen said, according to the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review.

"It was important to stay mentally tough and sound to my technique," he said, according to the newspaper. "As a cornerback, you have to have a short memory. I won some and lost some, but I stayed consistent and positive in the second half."

Pittsburgh (7-5), however, snapped its two-game losing streak Sunday with a 23-20 victory at Baltimore and kept alive its slim hopes of overtaking the Ravens (9-3) in the AFC North.

The Steelers currently own the sixth and final playoff spot in the AFC.
    Not really any new news, but we can use this thread to post updates as we learn more.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

My Mood
    Manic
    Cortez allen looked awesome yesterday no worries

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    After leaving the game in the first series, they taped up his ankle and leg and iced it down with a splint. Then they boot him in a boot. When the camera's showed him he seemed to be in high spirits and was talking with the rest of the DB's. I was hoping it was all just precautionary but seems it could be serious; hopefully not but we'll see.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...e-significant/

next man up!
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    All opposing QB will be attacking Cortez relentlessly from this point on. I hope he is well aware of that. He has a bullseye on his cheast.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    All opposing QB will be attacking Cortez relentlessly from this point on. I hope he is well aware of that. He has a bullseye on his cheast.
    He played well last night, but PI calls are what worry me. I feel like a lot of teams are going to try and go deep against him. Overall though, last night he was aggressvie and was in good position most of the time.

2nd String
    I love Cortez ...but just saying if Ike would of got beat deep for that TD you guys would be crucifying him

but Cortez will get beat from time to time just got live with the Learning pains...

it's more Brown who I'm anxious to see get some actual time and how he does

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by SnakeEyes43 View Post
    He played well last night, but PI calls are what worry me. I feel like a lot of teams are going to try and go deep against him. Overall though, last night he was aggressvie and was in good position most of the time.
    It really doesn't matter who the corner since the league is so PI crazy......They really need to change the rule to what is in college just a 15 yard penalty instead of the spot of the foul........The Ravens live and die with the PI call......

Cortez is going to be targeted no doubt but I thought he looked damn good yesterday....He did get beat for a TD but the only way for him to get better is him out there as a starter........

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    It really doesn't matter who the corner since the league is so PI crazy......They really need to change the rule to what is in college just a 15 yard penalty instead of the spot of the foul.......
    Making it a 15 yard penalty would be a huge step up for the league, but on flipside if a DB is beaten on say a 40 yard play then why not to the pass interference and only give up 15 yards...

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

I don't care, the PI NFL rule is garbage.

Lewis is starting to be a big play maker.. kids going to be one of the best in the league..

Thread Information