Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Oh no! A Seahawks fan....

SA's #1 James Farrior Fan PITT23's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk Believer
    LOL. Those Starbucks gift cards are kinda like an alternate form of currency out here. Every year they send one out with my stock report and I become a good husband for giving my wife a little present for no particular reason.

BTW, what happened to all your points?
    I think he spent them on changing his name color and user title.
    :: Whoa, where the hell was I for 2 years?::

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk Believer
    Truth be told I never developed a taste for coffee. However I did help pay for college by working at a latte stand. And I do own some Starbucks stock that has been very nice to me over the last decade. But I do find the inability to escape Starbucks no matter were I go in the world a little creepy.

Yeah the yuppee coffee has infiltrated every bit of down home america... no longer is it par to just brew your own folgers, you gotta have a double latte, whipped, mochoa, extra dark, hazelnut, something or other

Quote Originally Posted by Clevestinks
    Welcome HB, I think you were invited before me????????????????
    I think that says a lot more about the randomness of how people were invited than it does about you. I remember you being gone for a week or so on the other board and it caused a where is Clevestinks uproar! Rumors of your posting demise appear to be exagerated however.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    lol, well i didn't randomly select ppl to invite......... but yeah i just sent the pm's to whoever i saw first on that damn Currently Active Users list lol. nothing personal just to damn lasy to type in the name in the member section lol. but all the members i liked from there got the invite.
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

My Mood
    Amazed
    awwwwwwwwwww how sweet!~

I had someone join how do I get points or whatever you get Koopa?
    Peace & Yours in Black 'N Gold,

Lyn

www.blackngoldpride.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JXqogT0VU

Many thanks to BR7 (Ron) for the sig and matching avatar

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    yeah had to type your name in the referal box when they joined, like you typed my name when you joined
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Don't worry cleve,we think your the bomb...just chalk it up to Koopa's laziness ! In fact I think he should give you 10,000 points just because !

House of Steel
    Lyn, you can kick my butt for not referring you. I should of asked what your handle name was. MY BAD!

Hawk Fan, you got a lot of guts showing up in here. Man, are they still whining about Super Bowl XL in Seattle? I can't stand Walrus, but always had a lot of respect for him when he was coaching in Green Bay. I had the opportunity to meet him at a local mall in Milwaukee when I was living up there. I was there in Wisconsin during the Packers Glory Years with the Late Minister of Defense, Reggie White. Oh those were some great days in Wisconsin. Yes, I was cheering the Black N Gold as well as the Cheeseheads.

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler Maniac
    Lyn, you can kick my butt for not referring you. I should of asked what your handle name was. MY BAD!

Hawk Fan, you got a lot of guts showing up in here. Man, are they still whining about Super Bowl XL in Seattle? I can't stand Walrus, but always had a lot of respect for him when he was coaching in Green Bay. I had the opportunity to meet him at a local mall in Milwaukee when I was living up there. I was there in Wisconsin during the Packers Glory Years with the Late Minister of Defense, Reggie White. Oh those were some great days in Wisconsin. Yes, I was cheering the Black N Gold as well as the Cheeseheads.
    I'll admit that you can find the occassional Seattleite who thinks there was some of crazy conspiracy in the SB. But they are usually a person who didn't follow football very much. Then to watch the Super Bowl and have Madden saying that Seattle was getting screwed, well, that was really persuasive to them. They probably didn't watch the recaps and look at the game in a more reasonable way later on.

Honestly I seem to see more comments and media generated from non-Seahawk fans. When I am out of town and people find out I'm from Seattle, they often make some comment about the SB and see if I am fired up about it.

The regular fans are fired up for th upcoming season out here. I think people are confident about the team. But it was much easier to be confident about our chances for this season back in April. Now that the regular season is coming up, I think the fans are getting some jitters. People are worried about the O-line, the tight end situation, and whatever else people can think of to worry about.

Regarding Holmgren.... Don't get me wrong, I think he is a great coach in a lot of ways. It took him a while to build this team but I give him credit for sticking with his system and we are now the best we have ever been. But it drives me crazy how he reacted so publicly after the Super Bowl. I knew as a high schooler that nothing good could come from bitching about refs after a game and that doing so only serves to make people lose respect for you.

House of Steel
    Well, I respect you after reading that post. You got a friend in me, I know your a Seahawk fan, but we are in another conference. The only NFC team I have intrest in is the Packers. They are in for a very long season.

Holmgren's actions after the Super Bowl was totally uncalled for. You should of seen the cartoon some fans of Pittsburgh made concerning WALRUS!!! OH IT WAS BAD!!!

Thread Information