Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Arians, Tomlin, Roethlisberger, Luck and the offensive line of the Steelers and the Colts.

Bookmark and Share
    Banned

Arians, Tomlin, Roethlisberger, Luck and the offensive line of the Steelers and the Colts.

I haven't really seen anyone discuss this, and I myself have somewhat ignored the issue because Arians makes me sick and I wanted him gone even before the 2008 Superbowl win, but I'm curious what others are thinking.

Arians is now 6-2 as the head coach of the Colts, so what the f%#k is going on?

I don't believe that Luck is better than Roethlisberger or that he plays in Arians' system better, so I'll remove the quarterbacks out of the equation. That leaves Tomlin, Arians and the offensive lines of the two teams.

Was Arians an idiot running the offense when he was on the Steelers? That can't even be a question. Of course he was. The question is whether Tomlin, the offensive line of the Steelers, or a combination of the two forced Arians into being an idiot, or is Arians still an idiot and the Colts are just getting very lucky? I haven't really watched them play and I haven't looked at stats to help answer these questions.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Arians isn't the total idiot that people make him out to be he just wasn't the best play-caller....scheme wise he was very smart but so damn stubborn that he wouldn't adjust.........

Banned
    I thought he was an idiot because his plays simply weren't adapted to a horrific offensive line, which is what we had and still do have. That's my personal opinion. That's the only reason I disliked him. And his only adjustment to an offensive line that couldn't provide pass protection was horribly designed short pass plays.

If you think it was his play-calling, what do you think is going on now? He finally learned?

My Mood
    Impatient

Re: Arians, Tomlin, Roethlisberger, Luck and the offensive line of the Steelers and the Colts.

Last year, Arians scripted the first 15 plays of the game and we lead the league, I think, in scoring touchdowns on the first drive with like 11 or 12. He just can't call plays on the field or adjust well. But maybe he is doing well in Indy cause he has something to prove.

sent from my Galaxy SIII using tapatalk 2

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    I thought he was an idiot because his plays simply weren't adapted to a horrific offensive line, which is what we had and still do have. That's my personal opinion. That's the only reason I disliked him. And his only adjustment to an offensive line that couldn't provide pass protection was horribly designed short pass plays.

If you think it was his play-calling, what do you think is going on now? He finally learned?
    Ben and Luck are super talented QBs and would be damn good QB's without BA but at the sametime BA deserves some credit in their development as an NFL QB....I don't think Ben would have grown as much as a pocket QB under Whiz....Whiz didn't even trust Ben to audible.......BA had that attitude he was going to do what he wanted to period and didn't matter if the defense was stopping him........That is what I mean when I said BA was so stubborn and didn't adjust.......His play-calling reflected that with the Steelers.......I havn't watched many Colts games so I can't really comment on what he is doing Indy......

Arians, Tomlin, Roethlisberger, Luck and the offensive line of the Steelers and the Colts.

F**k Luck and BA!!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Haley > BA
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Assistant Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post

I don't believe that Luck is better than Roethlisberger
    And that's where you are wrong...

Colts fans are beginning to complain about Arians' play-calling and stubbornness. In fact, the most ardent critics have begun to sound like the majority of Steeler fans did. Here's a great example from Colts.com:

Quote Originally Posted by ahf321
    Lack of rushing production and lack rushing attempts are two very diffferent things. Kind of hard for our backs to score rushing TD's in the redzone when they're constantly on the sideline or lined up out wide whenever we reach that part of the field. Case in point, the 1st time we made it to the redzone yesterday, we handed it off to Brown on 1st down (gain of 4) and handed it off to him again on 2nd down (gain of 3.) With a 3rd and 3 inside the 10 yard line after 2 respectable gains on the ground, you'd think Arians would stick with a run look and maybe go play action, right? Wrong. 3rd and 3 on the 7 yard line, he takes Brown off the field completely, puts Ballard in and calls an empty backfield for an incomplete pass. Drive results in field goal.You want to know the worst thing about that play on 3rd and 3? Arians called a timeout before they ran the play, meaning he actually took time to call the offense over and look for what he felt was the best play in that situation. Such a horrible play call out of a timeout. He has no concept of plays complimenting each other.

The 2nd time we made it into the redzone was just before the half. Reggie caught a pass that got us to the 3 yard line. Now, we didn't have anymore timeouts with only 16 secs left on the clock, so I understand having to call all pass plays in that situation. However, common sense tells you that all pass plays should be called in the endzone or to the sidelines so the clock will stop if the pass is incomplete. The 1st play we ran was so sloppy, none of the routes were defined at all. I think I saw Avery and Allen in the same area on the incomplete pass to Allen. Play had no chance. The 2nd play ran is what was pure stupidity on Arians part. He calls a slant to Reggie just outside the endzone. Of course, Reggie is tackled short of the endzone right away and the clock continues to run, thus eliminating any chance of another shot in the endzone before settling for a fieldgoal. If he were going to call any routes short of the endzone, he should've kept a back in the backfield and at least made them think about the possibility of a draw or a flat route by the back. Would've had the same level of risk as the play he ended up running with an empty backfield.

The guy is a dope inside the 20's, plain and simple. We don't run well inside the redzone because we don't try. And when we do try, we telegraph which way every run is going with the constant TE motions
    Sorry, Colts fans. He's yours for a while, and Andrew Luck will not be an elite NFL QB until he's gone.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/Sports%20gallery/Pittsburgh%20sports/Pittsburgh%20Steelers%20-%206X%20Super%20Bowl%20champions/PGH256A.jpg
    Six Lombardi Trophies: Not coming soon to a city near you.

I only watch part of one game but they beat the Bill, jags, Dolphins, Browns, & titans not exactly power house teams They got crush by the Jets and Pats. I'd say they are much improved from last year because of Luck and in spite of BA. You can't underestimate the extra motivation playing for their missing coach.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

Thread Information