Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: So - What Is The Running Back Situation

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    I remember being so excited when he fell to the Steelers in the first round and then when Sweed was drafted in the 2nd....lol Just a shame and I'm going to get angry if I think about it anymore....lol
    Same here. I was pumped for Mendy when we got him, super high hopes judging by his college years.
    Also, I was def a Sweed defender for the longest time...was sad when he let me down every time.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Nope. Mendy is not the most talented. He doesn't hit the hole, he does that spin moves for no reason which causes him to fumble. The only thing that Mendy does better then Dwyer is run striaght ahead faster. Dwyer does everything else better.

Just because your faster, doesn't make you a better runningback.

Emmit Smith isn't as fast as Ryan Matthews (Chargers) but Smith does everything else better.
    get the **** out of here, he doesnt hit the hole...give me a break, he has done a lot for the steelers and that included much more than fumbling and getting stopped for a loss. i get that you want to move on, i dont care either way in regards to next year but try not having such a short memory...hes gained a lot of yards running behind some ****** blocking and scored a lot of points. i get its what have you done for me lately but you cant just dismiss his talent, its not like hes anywhere near a bust.. he out did willie parkers career already imo, and willie had a great oline most of his time. dwyer may be the best bet right now, but mendenhall should be dressing and he is better than redman by about x100. ive been a long time dwyer supporter and glad hes finally showing what hes got, but theres no reason to keep mendenhall on the shelf if he can help the team win, hes not just a talentless fool.

he looked great against the eagles, and he looked horrible against the browns, dont act like hes the first guy to have a bad game especially when they had 4 RBs fumble against the browns

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Nope. Mendy is not the most talented. He doesn't hit the hole, he does that spin moves for no reason which causes him to fumble. The only thing that Mendy does better then Dwyer is run striaght ahead faster. Dwyer does everything else better.

Just because your faster, doesn't make you a better runningback.

Emmit Smith isn't as fast as Ryan Matthews (Chargers) but Smith does everything else better.
    You hate Mendenhall and love Dwyer, I get it. I like Dwyer also, BUT when Dwyer does this, we can talk. Until then, tell your story walking:

2009 1108yds
    2010 1273yds
    2011 928yds in 15 games

Throw away the Browns game altogether. They knew Batch was going to be rusty as an old gate and consistently loaded up the box with 8 or 9 defenders to stop the run. Earl Campbell would not have been able to run against a stacked box like that.

Mendy is a good RB, definitely not the hot hand right now, but the best talent on this team. He will be more of a threat in the playoffs if given the chance to play and if the Steelers make it.

Rookie Free Agent

So - What Is The Running Back Situation

I liked Mike Wallace a lot....then AB came along.

My Mood
    Frustrated

So - What Is The Running Back Situation

I liked Mendenhall on the bench. Dwyer showed why he deserves the bulk of the carries

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk app

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tburg68 View Post
    You hate Mendenhall and love Dwyer, I get it. I like Dwyer also, BUT when Dwyer does this, we can talk. Until then, tell your story walking:

2009 1108yds
    2010 1273yds
    2011 928yds in 15 games
    When Dwyer has his opportunity, he will put up those numbers. But when he does, I bet he won't fumble nearly as much as Mendy.

And I don't hate Mendy. He's just not a good enough RB overall. And I don't necessarily love Dwyer. But Dwyer has been the best RB on this team since he was drafted. I stand by that and now it's been proven once he and Mendy BOTH had the same opportunity.

Those number you show mean nothing because Dwyer didn't have the same opportunities. Now he will. And then we'll see how Dwyer's numbers are next year after a full season.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    get the **** out of here, he doesnt hit the hole...give me a break, he has done a lot for the steelers and that included much more than fumbling and getting stopped for a loss. i get that you want to move on, i dont care either way in regards to next year but try not having such a short memory...hes gained a lot of yards running behind some ****** blocking and scored a lot of points. i get its what have you done for me lately but you cant just dismiss his talent, its not like hes anywhere near a bust.. he out did willie parkers career already imo, and willie had a great oline most of his time. dwyer may be the best bet right now, but mendenhall should be dressing and he is better than redman by about x100. ive been a long time dwyer supporter and glad hes finally showing what hes got, but theres no reason to keep mendenhall on the shelf if he can help the team win, hes not just a talentless fool.

he looked great against the eagles, and he looked horrible against the browns, dont act like hes the first guy to have a bad game especially when they had 4 RBs fumble against the browns
    K-train,

Mendy played himself out of Pittsburgh. He was given the starting spot, fumbled, got another chance later..and fumbled again. But we were lucky to recover. You can't admit it but fumbles do count for runningbacks and Mendy is a career fumbler at some of the worse times.

I don't care about your arguments K-Train. You were wrong about Wallace (he's about to be out of here) and your wrong about Mendy (who's also about to be out of here).

All these guys your backing up are long on talent, but not on actual production on the field this year. And....the Front offices decsions about them always end up matching my stance on them too. Are you not tired of losing to me and the front office in arguments?? Your wrong. And if you don't believe me, go look at Mendy on the bench and go ask the front office why Wallace is now a co-starter at his position? Sometimes you just have to submit K-Train. You've lost both your Wallace and Mendy arguments. Again..if you don't believe me, go ask the front office.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Wallace hasn't done himself any favors lately but he still has been productive this year.......52 catches, 616 yards, 6 TDs isn't terrible.......The drops are a problem no doubt and his effort has been **** poor at times but that is what happens when you have a productive player who has out played his current contract......As for the Steelers front office they're not always right since they're human beings and every human being makes mistakes.......The Steelers front office mishandled the Mike Wallace situation......I wanted Wallace, resigned but if the Steelers, didn't want to pay him the money then they should have moved him during the draft or sometime this past off-season.......

As for Rashard yea his fumbles have forced him to the bench and he won't be back next year......Really a change of scenery will be in the best interest for both parties at this point.........

Jonathan Dwyer needs to string productive seasons together to match Mendenhalls past production........Dwyer has been the Steelers most consistent RB this year but lets see what he does next year........Will Dwyer actually come into camp in shape next year?.........I hope so since he will be looked upon to carry the load at RB next year.......

K-train,

Mendy played himself out of Pittsburgh. He was given the starting spot, fumbled, got another chance later..and fumbled again. But we were lucky to recover. You can't admit it but fumbles do count for runningbacks and Mendy is a career fumbler at some of the worse times.

I don't care about your arguments K-Train. You were wrong about Wallace (he's about to be out of here) and your wrong about Mendy (who's also about to be out of here).

All these guys your backing up are long on talent, but not on actual production on the field this year. And....the Front offices decsions about them always end up matching my stance on them too. Are you not tired of losing to me and the front office in arguments?? Your wrong. And if you don't believe me, go look at Mendy on the bench and go ask the front office why Wallace is now a co-starter at his position? Sometimes you just have to submit K-Train. You've lost both your Wallace and Mendy arguments. Again..if you don't believe me, go ask the front office.
    yeah, right. So two snaps played mendenhall out of a job? In that case theres a ton of people on the team that shouldnt have jobs....i dont get how mendenhall gets all the blame for fumbling at the worse times again during the cleveland game when all of the top 3 were benched for rainey and then rainey even fumbled.

mike wallace has had a few drops, but hes also had a few **** passes thrown his way but of course he takes blame for them. And hes on pace to get as many catches and TDs as usual, hes YPC isnt as high under haley but he and miller seem to be the only players that can score TDs. No, hes not putting up huge numbers, no he doesnt deserve a $100 million contract, but i was also in favor of trading him when his value was at the highest because letting him walk for nothing in return is just plain dumb.

Im not losing anything, i like mike wallace despite some drops...he puts points on the board and he does actually make some great plays but never gets recognized for them, oh and ive liked dwyer a hell of a lot longer than you have....go ahead and check the threads. He just spent too much time in tomlins dog house for me to have much faith in them giving him a chance. My problem with mendenhall is if he can play he should play, even if he doesnt come back next year.

An interesting stat is dwyer and antonio brown both have exactly as many TDs this year as Mendenhall.....ONE

Ive always loved antonio brown, and he deserved the extension he got but come on, 1 TD this year and 3 career TDs...he leaves mch to be desired as far as scoring and he has some dropsies too so dont talk to be about players being long on talent and not producing on the field when overall were not seeing very much production

Thread Information