Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: So - What Is The Running Back Situation

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    K-Train

You don't have a leg to stand on when it comes to your arguments about Mendy and Wallace. You've lost. Just submit dude. It's okay.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    K-Train

You don't have a leg to stand on when it comes to your arguments about Mendy and Wallace. You've lost. Just submit dude. It's okay.
    Mendenhall maybe, i was hopeful hed return from injury and really boost the offense and that didnt happen, but if you dont think wallace is an important part of the team moving forward at LEAST this season you are nuts. Drops have plagued wallace, brown, and sanders but all of them are very talented and if the steelers are going to make a run they need production from all of them. Bens first game back should be a good indicator if theres going to be any kind of playoff run, the offense needs to pick up some steam and i think the chargers are a prime team for them to chew up

for as much as i want mendenhall to be on the team, i have a love thing for dwyer and rainey.

still cant ****ing stand redman
    Last edited by K Train; 12-05-2012 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post

So what do you do when he gets a tough first on a third and short? Do you yell and cuss at your TV? Haha. Kidding btw...
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    When Dwyer has his opportunity, he will put up those numbers. But when he does, I bet he won't fumble nearly as much as Mendy.

And I don't hate Mendy. He's just not a good enough RB overall. And I don't necessarily love Dwyer. But Dwyer has been the best RB on this team since he was drafted. I stand by that and now it's been proven once he and Mendy BOTH had the same opportunity.

Those number you show mean nothing because Dwyer didn't have the same opportunities. Now he will. And then we'll see how Dwyer's numbers are next year after a full season.
    Mendy has avg a fumble every 112 carries in his career. Dwyer every 69 carries. Keep throwing crap against the wall, maybe some of it will stick.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    What's sticking is management has determined who's the best rb. I can't help it that I was right when I said two years ago that when the smoke clears, Dwyer would prove to be the superior rb. I can't help it that management has sided with me. Take it up with the front office. While Mendy is out their shopping, you can hold his hand and keep telling him he's better.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Continue with the stupid FO argument. Fools gold.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Brown only 3 career receiving TDs?.....for some reason I thought it was 5 that is even worse for a so called number 1 WR.....I like Brown to but 3 TDs....lol Wallace despite all his faults still has 30 receiving TDs......Its going to be a shame to lose him and I'm going to laugh when the passing game misses him big time next year.......

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Mendenhall maybe, i was hopeful hed return from injury and really boost the offense and that didnt happen, but if you dont think wallace is an important part of the team moving forward at LEAST this season you are nuts. Drops have plagued wallace, brown, and sanders but all of them are very talented and if the steelers are going to make a run they need production from all of them. Bens first game back should be a good indicator if theres going to be any kind of playoff run, the offense needs to pick up some steam and i think the chargers are a prime team for them to chew up

for as much as i want mendenhall to be on the team, i have a love thing for dwyer and rainey.

I actually can relate to why you hate Redman......I mean these arguments on this site started to make me not like AB as much when Wallace was the antichrist on here....lol I even get upset at Wallace but I still know what he brings to the table for this offense and the Steelers better draft a WR early if they do indeed let him walk next year....You were right Train about trading him.....I wanted him resigned but after I saw how the Steelers front office mishandled the Wallace situation the best move would have been to trade him......

Starter
    My Mood
    Clowns
    I don't know what's going on with mendenhall. Yes he was injured, yes he fumbled twice vs the Browns. But he wasn't even dressed last week. I think there is more going on than we know. He's in Tomlins doghouse.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

My Mood
    Addicted
    You can't just judge a WR's value by TD production alone. Yes, it's an important part, but so is third down receptions (moving the chains which keeps the drives alive, which keep the other teams offense on the sidelines). AB makes the touch catch game after game, which do the aforementioned and also allow for TD's albeit from other Steeler players.

The debate is over, AB is a very good WR.

C-town
    Last edited by ChucktownSteeler; 12-07-2012 at 09:18 AM. Reason: Fix puncuation

Thread Information