Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: So - What Is The Running Back Situation

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i get what they did with mendenhall, but i think he should probably be dressing and playing. they know hes still the most talented back on the roster. he spent his week in the dog house i think he should definitely get in the neighborhood of at least 10 carries against the chargers
    I wouldn't be so sure. He'll probably dress and get a few carries but I guarantee if he doesn't prove he can produce he won't be getting that much PT. Usually Tomlin is a little bitch when it comes to sitting players, especially vets, but he's taking a stand on this one.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Per rotoworld.com

Dwyer has been named the starter again for this week against the Chargers. Why talk about Mendy anymore? The handwritting is on the wall. He can go and do his spinning top/fumble thing somewhere else. I look forward to the draft pick compensation we'll get for him in the following year.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Addicted
    One thing that Dwyer does that I think puts him above and beyond Mendenhall is that he never goes down after the first contact. He's almost never tackled in the backfield and when he is it's the offensive line's fault. And then he hits the pile in the middle of the field he can bounce off and run it to the outside which we've seen him do quite a few times whereas Mendy just cowers and goes down for a gain of a yard. It's refreshing to see a running back be able to push the pile for those extra few yards after years of Parker and Mendenhall.

So - What Is The Running Back Situation

Mendy won't dress this week again, he doesn't play on ST's....
    "Happy Happy Happy"

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i get what they did with mendenhall, but i think he should probably be dressing and playing. they know hes still the most talented back on the roster. he spent his week in the dog house i think he should definitely get in the neighborhood of at least 10 carries against the chargers
    Nobody can argue Mendenhall's talent........But I think he is done as a Steeler for the most part.......I think Rashard needs a change really........Its a shame really I had such high hopes for Rashard Mendenhall as a Steeler.......I remember being so excited when he fell to the Steelers in the first round and then when Sweed was drafted in the 2nd....lol Just a shame and I'm going to get angry if I think about it anymore....lol

Rookie Free Agent

So - What Is The Running Back Situation

Word is Mendenhall was furious and went into the locker room and completely cleaned out his locker but it's two days later and he can't get out of there cause he keeps dropping all of his stuff.

Mendenhall's negatives outweigh his positives. That's why he will be allowed to leave. If I had to venture a guess, the teams after him will be the Cardinals, Falcons, Jets, Broncos and Jaguars. So he'll find work. Good luck to him.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    I still believe that Mendy is by far the most talented RB on the roster. He had a bad game against the Browns, I get it. Every RB fumbled that day, don't forget.

That being said, his days do appear to be numbered as a Steeler.

Quote Originally Posted by tburg68 View Post
    I still believe that Mendy is by far the most talented RB on the roster. He had a bad game against the Browns, I get it. Every RB fumbled that day, don't forget.

That being said, his days do appear to be numbered as a Steeler.
    All things considered, I would be shocked if he is here next year. Talented, but not a time of posession RB.

Nope. Mendy is not the most talented. He doesn't hit the hole, he does that spin moves for no reason which causes him to fumble. The only thing that Mendy does better then Dwyer is run striaght ahead faster. Dwyer does everything else better.

Just because your faster, doesn't make you a better runningback.

Emmit Smith isn't as fast as Ryan Matthews (Chargers) but Smith does everything else better.

Thread Information