Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Game Ball Goes To....

Bookmark and Share
    Suisham has been money all season, he has surprised me a lot this year. Mad props to him.

And of course, props to Batch, I didn't believe he was capable of doing that and although he had a few **** ups, he won us that game with some clutch passes and his stats would of been even better if not for Sanders losing a fumble.

Game Ball Goes To....

Batch!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Rookie Free Agent
    Batch, obviously. The hate for Chuck on this board is unbelievable. He shut-up all the haters this week. So, shut-up haters. Eat your crow.

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Heath Miller......gets the game ball
    If not for the extra Effort, it's 3rd and goal at the 2...what are the chances we get in on 2 trys...50/50 at best...Miller game ball for sure

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    Top Kicker Salary: Phil Dawson-$3.8 million
    Top QB Salary: Drew Brees-$20 million

Why do you think that is? Heck, even Tebow makes about $2 million.
    I'm not saying that kickers are more important than QBs. They don't have to kick a game winner every game. But when they do I can guarantee that most teams would pay an extra few mil to have a kicker that will make those kicks.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    I'm not saying that kickers are more important than QBs. They don't have to kick a game winner every game. But when they do I can guarantee that most teams would pay an extra few mil to have a kicker that will make those kicks.
    I agree 100% but...

...the issue is that you would actually give a game ball to Suisham instead of Batch. If most were told before the game that Suisham would kick 41, 42, and 46 yard FGs, they would have yawned and figured the Steelers would lose 27-9. If they were told that Batch would have 25-36, 276 yards passing, 1 TD (would have been 2 TDs and 325 yards except for Sanders), and only 1 INT, they would not have believed it.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Heath was just a BEAST tonight. Suisham as usual was money. Our entire D played a pretty darn good game (except Troy...was he on the field??). Charlie had an incredible 2nd half. Dwyer had some good runs. Redman had a couple where he really gave 100% effort.

BUT, the game ball has to go to Cam Cameron. Ray Rice scores on a 30 plus yard TD, they were running the ball pretty well. They had a 10 point lead. And what does BA's twin do? Put the game in Saccos hands. LMAO.
    I like big hits and I cannot lie

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    They are calling for the death of Cam on the Ratbird forums. LOL
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    I agree 100% but...

...the issue is that you would actually give a game ball to Suisham instead of Batch. If most were told before the game that Suisham would kick 41, 42, and 46 yard FGs, they would have yawned and figured the Steelers would lose 27-9. If they were told that Batch would have 25-36, 276 yards passing, 1 TD (would have been 2 TDs and 325 yards except for Sanders), and only 1 INT, they would not have believed it.
    Ok it may not have been clear enough but all my Suisham MVP **** is obviously sarcasm. A kicker isn't going to get MVP or a game ball unless he does something miraculous. But kickers don't get enough credit IMO. I would hate to play that position. If Suisham missed that kick everyone would be chastising him for the rest of the season. All of the guts and none of the glory.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I think Beachum deserves some credit as well today.....Talk about a tough first start vs the Ravens in Baltimore...I thought the kid held his won for the most part.....He looks to have a future with the team.........

Thread Information