Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Official "we love Charlie Batch" thread

Bookmark and Share
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    Third string QBs almost never "win" games, they play well enough to give their team a chance to win. He gave us a chance to beat the Browns after receiving no snaps since LaTrobe. If we do not fumble away 5 times, we likely win that game as well.

Asking more from a 3rd string QB is ridiculous.
    But Batch isn't your typical 3rd string QB....He has a ton of NFL experience......I'm fine with carrying one old backup behind Ben...But two?....That is my only beef......Plus oneday Charlie is going to run out of magic dust.....He keeps defying his age......Again I ask why carry 3 30+ year old QBs?.........

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    But Batch isn't your typical 3rd string QB....He has a ton of NFL experience......I'm fine with carrying one old backup behind Ben...But two?....That is my only beef......Plus oneday Charlie is going to run out of magic dust.....He keeps defying his age......Again I ask why carry 3 30+ year old QBs?.........
    With all due respect, you cannot have it both ways. Everyone spends weeks trashing the guy for having Moses as his Sunday school teacher, a useless old man, etc. and then when he does well it is because of "experience" makes him more than "your typical 3rd string QB?"

Asking for a young QB in the mix is a fair request but the above is not, IMO.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

My Mood
    Mad
    With all due respect, you cannot have it both ways. Everyone spends weeks trashing the guy for having Moses as his Sunday school teacher, a useless old man, etc. and then when he does well it is because of "experience" makes him more than "your typical 3rd string QB?"

Asking for a young QB in the mix is a fair request but the above is not, IMO.
    But he isn't your typical 3rd string QB....experience does count for something.....My complaint about the Steelers QB situation is having 3 30+ year old QB's..........I was in favor of pulling Lefty for Batch in the first Ravens game......I rather have Batch then Lefty but I'm sorry Charlie did look done against the Browns...He played one hell of a game today.....Batch isn't going to play forever.......

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    But he isn't your typical 3rd string QB....experience does count for something.....My complaint about the Steelers QB situation is having 3 30+ year old QB's..........I was in favor of pulling Lefty for Batch in the first Ravens game......I rather have Batch then Lefty but I'm sorry Charlie did look done against the Browns...He played one hell of a game today.....Batch isn't going to play forever.......
    Reading. It's fundamental. I completely conceded that asking for a younger QB in the mix is a fair request.

I only criticized that everyone spends weeks saying the guy is way too old to play well and then when he does, it is now because of the that same age and "experience?" That is trying to have it both ways.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

My Mood
    Mad
    Reading. It's fundamental. I completely conceded that asking for a younger QB in the mix is a fair request.

I only criticized that everyone spends weeks saying the guy is way too old to play well and then when he does, it is now because of the that same age and "experience?" That is trying to have it both ways.
    Whatever man...Jesus Christ.....Yea a typical 3rd string QB who has never thrown a pass compares to Charlie Batch who has what 14-15 NFL seasons under his belt?......That is what I mean when I say you can't compare Batch to a typical 3rd string NFL QB....The rest of the NFL teams don' t have 3rd string QB's with that much NFL experience....You were ****ing right about Batch so you want a ****ing cookie?....****ing congrats....

Charlie didn't have a great game, but he did enough to win and that's all I could ask for. That miss to Wallace wide open in the endzone and that forced throw in the redzone that got picked by Reed had my blood boiling. Luckily we won, but it didn't have to be that close lol. Not to mention the 7 points that Sanders left out there.

But hey, we won... Not complaining lol.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Whatever man...Jesus Christ.....Yea a typical 3rd string QB who has never thrown a pass compares to Charlie Batch who has what 14-15 NFL seasons under his belt?......That is what I mean when I say you can't compare Batch to a typical 3rd string NFL QB....The rest of the NFL teams don' t have 3rd string QB's with that much NFL experience....You were ****ing right about Batch so you want a ****ing cookie?....****ing congrats....
    All I want is for you to see that it is illogical to say that Batch sucks because he is old and then he played great because he is old ("experienced").

My Mood
    Mad
    All I want is for you to see that it is illogical to say that Batch sucks because he is old and then he played great because he is old ("experienced").
    I understand but again after his performance against the Browns it was hard not to think he wasn't done.....I mean yea the five fumbles were huge but again Batch really didn't to anything to show he wasn't done last week......I wanted Batch to replace Lefty in the first Ravens game so I did have more confidence in Batch then Lefty......I give the old man big time props for hanging in there and taking some big time shots and doing enough to pull out the win........

Draft Pick
    I too was freaking out when he missed Wallace in the endzone, but I then realized that he hasn't played since forever with the first team, so i just sat back and licked my wounds and said a little prayer in hopes of a late come back victory. Low and behold, the old man pulled it out. The thing that I noticed throughout the game was his command of the huddle and his team mates had complete confidence in him. To me that was the determining factor to getting the victory.
    Congratulations Charlie!

My Mood
    Addicted
    Charlie showed a ton of heart today. That can't be disputed.

Thread Information