Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 38

Thread: Official "we love Charlie Batch" thread

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #11
    steelersbabex25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    College Park, MD
    Posts
    12,055
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by RIVERS OF STEEL View Post
    If your on this thread and lovin Batch, shame. Somewhere on this forum, just recently I think, Batch was ready to be thrown to the sharks with no life preserver. Lol
    That was before he beat the Ravens! Steeler fans have short memories, ya know.

  2. #12
    Draft Pick BLACKandGOLD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Edinboro, PA
    Posts
    203
    My Mood
    Frustrated
    I was frustrated with Charlie after that missed touchdown pass to Wallace at the end of the first half but he shut me up in the second half. What a performance, so proud of him and couldn't be happier for him. This win is going to give this team so much confidence.

  3. #13
    Veteran TarlsQtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,383
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by RIVERS OF STEEL View Post
    If your on this thread and lovin Batch, shame. Somewhere on this forum, just recently I think, Batch was ready to be thrown to the sharks with no life preserver. Lol
    Look at the threads from last week. I was one of only 2-3 who voiced displeasure at the unfair posts regarding Batch even then. He did not lose the game against the Browns. 5 fumbles did.

    The same with Lefty. Everyone wanted him drawn and quartered for a bad performance even though he had broken ribs. Ridiculous.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

  4. #14
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Michigan City, IN
    Posts
    12,977
    My Mood
    Mad
    Well when the guy is 38 years old and stinks the joint up vs the Browns there is no surprise to question if the old man is done....Its a fair question.......He played a brilliant game no doubt today and took some shots which I was surprised he got up from....Come on I mean Batch once handed the ball off to Barry Sanders.....That is a lifetime ago in NFL age....lol But props to the defense for playing one hell of a game to.....And Heath Miller who has shown all season he is the MVP of the team......

  5. #15
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Michigan City, IN
    Posts
    12,977
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    Look at the threads from last week. I was one of only 2-3 who voiced displeasure at the unfair posts regarding Batch even then. He did not lose the game against the Browns. 5 fumbles did.

    The same with Lefty. Everyone wanted him drawn and quartered for a bad performance even though he had broken ribs. Ridiculous.
    Batch did nothing to win the game vs the Browns either........The old man played great today still doesn't change the fact the Steelers do need a younger back up on the team.....Why carry 3 30+ year old QBs on the roster?.....That was my biggest beef regarding the QB situation.....

  6. #16
    steelersbabex25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    College Park, MD
    Posts
    12,055
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Like I said, Batch had a good game today for a 3rd string quarterback and did what he needed to do, but I hope we don't ever have to see him on the field again unless it's to be a coach.

  7. #17
    Assistant Coach RIVERS OF STEEL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Yorktown, Virginia (Swissvale)
    Posts
    5,355
    My Mood
    Where
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    That was before he beat the Ravens! Steeler fans have short memories, ya know.
    Babe I know it. lol. I'm sure I posted my share of disgust to put it mildly. After the last week loss to the stains what else could anyone expect. No gamers in Vegas or anywhere else expected this win. It was from the heart they did. The old fashioned Steelers way (I wished to see that and did). Thanks Charlei. My apologies. We still have along way to go though. I think some younger BUs coming next year.

    And their fans.

  8. #18
    steelersbabex25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    College Park, MD
    Posts
    12,055
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by RIVERS OF STEEL View Post
    Babe I know it. lol. I'm sure I posted my share of disgust to put it mildly. After the last week loss to the stains what else could anyone expect. No gamers in Vegas or anywhere else expected this win. It was from the heart they did. The old fashioned Steelers way (I wished to see that and did). Thanks Charlei. My apologies.
    Speaking of, how much were the Ravens favored in this game? This has got to be a pretty monumental upset after the **** show that we put on last weekend.

  9. #19
    Veteran TarlsQtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,383
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Batch did nothing to win the game vs the Browns either........The old man played great today still doesn't change the fact the Steelers do need a younger back up on the team.....Why carry 3 30+ year old QBs on the roster?.....That was my biggest beef regarding the QB situation.....
    Third string QBs almost never "win" games, they play well enough to give their team a chance to win. He gave us a chance to beat the Browns after receiving no snaps since LaTrobe. If we do not fumble away 5 times, we likely win that game as well.

    Asking more from a 3rd string QB is ridiculous.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

  10. #20
    Veteran TarlsQtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,383
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    Like I said, Batch had a good game today for a 3rd string quarterback and did what he needed to do, but I hope we don't ever have to see him on the field again unless it's to be a coach.
    Where did you say Batch had a good game? I saw nothing but complaining in the gameday thread.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Charlie Batch De-Appreciation Thread
    By scudmissile29 in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-25-2012, 05:40 PM
  2. Confidence in Charlie Batch?
    By Stairwayto7 in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 12-12-2011, 03:18 AM
  3. Charlie Batch
    By Gettysburgh_Steel in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-21-2010, 09:30 AM
  4. Charlie Batch
    By Steelerlyn in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-08-2006, 11:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •