My Mood
    Addicted

Let the apocalypse begin! Roethlisberger upsets some by not playing

Big Ben reportedly upset some by not pushing to play

By Marc Sessler
    Around the League Writer
    Published: Dec. 2, 2012 at 01:08 p.m.
    Updated: Dec. 2, 2012 at 02:03 p.m.

Ben Roethlisberger reportedly surprised his Pittsburgh Steelers teammates by refusing to push himself in practice in the days leading up to Sunday's showdown against the Baltimore Ravens.

CBSSports.com's Jason La Canfora reported Sunday that Roethlisberger frustrated some inside the organization by doing little more than toss the ball on the sideline after he was medically cleared to practice this week, according to sources with knowledge of the situation.

Relive every game this season online and on-demand with enhanced viewing features, including the "All-22" coaches film. Get NFL Game Rewind.

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin sat down with Big Ben and told the quarterback he'd have to fully practice Friday or be ruled out on that day's injury report, according to La Canfora, who reported that many inside team walls expected Roethlisberger to play.

Big Ben's injury originally was described as a dangerous and rare rib setback that might shelve him deep into the season. The Steelers have been a shadow of themselves in his absence. It's not surprising to hear of internal pressure on Roethlisberger to suit up, but it's an unusual area of criticism for a player who has built a sturdy reputation of playing through pain.

Follow Marc Sessler on Twitter @MarcSesslerNFL.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...ushing-to-play
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Wallace sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Rahim Moore needs to be shot. Never seen such putrid safety play in my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Best thread in sometime and I agree....I rather eat **** and die then ever root for the Baltimore Ravens

"When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

I think it is a smart decision for Ben not to play. I take it the younger guys might have an issue with this due to the veterans knowledge that Ben has played his *** off for this team through injury year in and year out. All they need to do is beat cincy again and get to 8-8 for the 6th seed. This team is fine. If I was Ben, Id be pissed at the Oline for being ******. I think the blame needs to be put elsewhere besides the QB

2nd String
    He has earned the right to sit out if he has doubts ten times over. Plus, he is a father now. He needs to take care of himself. I am glad he is not playing. This game is not about me.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    It's such a stupid non story but you knew somebody was going to report it. Just because you're cleared to practice doesn't mean you're game ready.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    It's such a stupid non story but you knew somebody was going to report it. Just because you're cleared to practice doesn't mean you're game ready.
    yep and apparently it's Jason La Canfora or whatever his name is who reports this.

This was the guy that said Hampton was gonna be cut after the 2008 season. A big idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Wallace sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Rahim Moore needs to be shot. Never seen such putrid safety play in my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Best thread in sometime and I agree....I rather eat **** and die then ever root for the Baltimore Ravens

Thread Information