Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Everyone going on about not having a decent back-up LISTEN TO THIS!!!

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

Rookie Free Agent
    My Mood
    Woot

My Social Networks

Follow Rhys Lightning 63 On Twitter

Everyone going on about not having a decent back-up LISTEN TO THIS!!!

If Colin Kaepernick keeps his starting position in San Francisco until the end of the season, Alex Smith is out of a job there. We've been found out in the past two games because we don't have a decent QB. Do you think Alex Smith would be an option?

Ben is playing on borrowed time, because he plays the way he does, so any more injuries he may/will get in the future, we can get Smith to fill his place behind center.

Discuss

My Mood
    Manic
    HE LOST HIS JOB TO KAEPERNICK!!!!

This topic has been driving me crazy since the injury to Ben. What team has a great backup? It's not like we can have Steve Young just walk into Ben's place and take over. If a guy is top notch he is already a starter somewhere.
    I like big hits and I cannot lie

My Mood
    Mellow
    Alex smith will find a starting position next year. Many teams need qb's and the draft class is shallow.
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    If he is good enough to start in this league, he will not come to Pittsburgh to be a backup. If he is not good enough to start in this league, he is just a backup with the same flaws the other backups around the league have.

He will go somewhere else to start.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhys Lightning 63 View Post
    If Colin Kaepernick keeps his starting position in San Francisco until the end of the season, Alex Smith is out of a job there. We've been found out in the past two games because we don't have a decent QB. Do you think Alex Smith would be an option?

Ben is playing on borrowed time, because he plays the way he does, so any more injuries he may/will get in the future, we can get Smith to fill his place behind center.

Discuss
    alex smith is still a top 32 QB in the league though cant think off top of my head who he's better than

Quote Originally Posted by elephantman View Post
    alex smith is still a top 32 QB in the league though cant think off top of my head who he's better than
    We needed to draft osweiler, mallet, kaepernick, foles sometime in the last two drafts... Were always in love with these old veterans... Hightower and Chandler Jones are glad they are Pats and not Steelers, they would be on special teams here...
    Because were so good.. this bull crap has to end around here... Look at our RB's Dwyer is to young???? He cant possibly start????

Veteran
    He's better than Sanchez, Tannehill, Vick, Hasslebeck, Carson Palmer, Flacco, just to name a few.

Originally from Armstrong County, now, just south of Stainville
    I think Smith is way better than the average perception. The guy has NEVER had a consistent offensive strategy to work with and when given the chance, prior to injury, he played very well.

I can think of 10-12 starting QB's who i'd sit down in place of him.

Sanchez
    Tannehill
    Vick
    Hasslebeck
    Palmer
    Ponder
    Gabbert
    Weeden
    Locker
    Kolb
    Skelton
    Flynn
    Rivers
    Wilson
    Fitzpatrick
    Cassel
    Last edited by Stone; 12-02-2012 at 11:12 AM.

Alex Smith doesnt want to be a backup to anyone. He wants $ and to be a starter. This topic is worthless.

Thread Information