Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Everyone going on about not having a decent back-up LISTEN TO THIS!!!

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCityKid5 View Post
    Alex Smith doesnt want to be a backup to anyone. He wants $ and to be a starter. This topic is worthless.
    The topic is not worthless. Did you see that no team in the league wanted to see Smith when he was a free agent last off-season? That means that he would not start for any other team in the league. He had to beg Miami to see him for their possible starting position. Alex Smith will be a back-up QB next year. So he might as well be ours. He be a definite upgrade to what we have now.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    The topic is not worthless. Did you see that no team in the league wanted to see Smith when he was a free agent last off-season? That means that he would not start for any other team in the league. He had to beg Miami to see him for their possible starting position. Alex Smith will be a back-up QB next year. So he might as well be ours. He be a definite upgrade to what we have now.
    He'll find a starting job. He might lose it after a few games, but he'll definitely find a starting job. He's better than Mark Sanchez, and he's better than what Minnesota and Arizona have. Jacksonville is another option for him.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    He'll find a starting job. He might lose it after a few games, but he'll definitely find a starting job. He's better than Mark Sanchez, and he's better than what Minnesota and Arizona have. Jacksonville is another option for him.
    The Vikings are not going to **** can Christian Ponder......I still think taking Ponder in the first wound was stupid but the Vikes will continue to think they have the next Joe Montana in Ponder....lol Arizona no doubt will go after a QB like Smith....Noway Whiz, can go into next season with those clowns he has at QB again......

Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    I don't think so. In Jacksonville, Henne has shown more then Smith. In Minnesota, they already have a Alex Smith in Ponder. In New York, Smith's name isn't big enough for the Jets. Jets have to have a "name" to suffice their fan base. He's not going to get a job before Michael Vick.

Banned
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    No way the Steelers pay $8 million per year for a backup and give up something in a trade. If he is cut and becomes a FA, HE still thinks he can start (which is all that matters) and no way would he sign for more than a year to backup. A one year backup is near useless. They get so few snaps outside of training camp that it would take most of the year just to become comfortable in the offense and then he would be gone.

Banned
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    The Vikings are not going to **** can Christian Ponder......I still think taking Ponder in the first wound was stupid but the Vikes will continue to think they have the next Joe Montana in Ponder....lol Arizona no doubt will go after a QB like Smith....Noway Whiz, can go into next season with those clowns he has at QB again......
    Whiz shouldn't spend ANY money on a QB in AZ until that O-Line becomes more than just 5 fat guys from an Olivia Newton John video. :-)

I see Smith as a lot like Neil O'Donnell. I believe he should and will start somewhere next year and is a capable QB with a good team around him but just not quite good enough to get you there.

those teams are not looking for a "capable" QB. Sanchez is "capable" with good players around him but the Jets have let the O-line deteriorate, The WR corps deterioriate and Shonne Greene is a bum. Jets already have a "capable" QB.

Alex Smith is going to learn the hard reality of the NFL in the off-season. He's not good enough to be a starter. Just a back-up. He's been with the team that drafted him and the 49ers for a long time didn't want to admit he wasn't starter caliber and now that they have a real option in Kaepernick, they will let Smith walk and then he can learn his true value in this league. That he's just a backup at best.

Banned
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    But even IF you are right, Smith thinks he is a starter. This is all that matters. The most he would sign is a one year contract, useless to us because he would be spending that year just learning the offense.

Either way, there is no reason to expect or want him in the Burgh.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Sorry, I didn't realize I'd have to explain it again. Alex Smith won't go to go to a team to just be a back up. That's sort of the reason he'll be leaving SF. He wants $. He won't be coming to Pittsburgh.

We re stuck with TWO worthless backups....enjoy the Batch show! Heck lets just make it 0-4 against the Rats, why not
    "HAIL TO PITT"

Thread Information