Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Should Ben Play vs Ravens?

Bookmark and Share
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Raleigh Steel View Post
    Tomlin didn't pull him last year...he didn't pull leftwich this year...what makes you think he'd pull Ben Sunday? Lol

Has nothing do to with the type of injury. This is not a must win this week, just like last year vs the 9ers. This is about being as close to 100% as he can get for the final month of the season. We could have beaten the 9ers last season (although the likely) but Ben wasn't the same.

We can win this Sunday (although not likely) and have Ben ready for the stretch run.
    This team has 5 AFC losses already so losing more AFC games is bad......If Ben is ready to go and is cleared to play then he should play........

My Mood
    Frustrated
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    This team has 5 AFC losses already so losing more AFC games is bad......If Ben is ready to go and is cleared to play then he should play........
    Fine...I disagree...10-6 is extremely probable and would get us in.
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

My Mood
    Addicted
    If he is ready play him. If he is not 100% don't take the chance. We still can make the playoffs
    River Rat
    GO STEELERS!!!

Starter
    My Mood
    Clowns
    if hes healthy enough to play, then play. we need him back.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

My Mood
    Frustrated

Should Ben Play vs Ravens?

Only if he is healthy. No need to risk a career ending injury. Future seasons are more important than this year.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk app

My Mood
    panthers-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Conference records are not going to matter in the playoffs for the Steelers in the AFC seeing how bad this wildcard situation is. All the Steelers really need to do is finish 9-7 win all 3 of their home games against the Chargers.Browns and especially the Bengals and have the Bengals lose one more game aside from the game here at home against the Steelers and they will get in the playoffs at 9-7 it's as simple as that. With that being said, I dont play Ben this week because this week is not really a MUST win yet. Next week against the Chargers however is and I give Ben one more full week of rest and bring him back next Sunday at home against a Chargers team that is not very good and who he can have a lot of success against...The playoffs in my opinion begin next Sunday here at Heinz Field against the Chargers that is when the games are really going to start to count and when the Steelers really need to start winning...

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Under normal circumstances I'm totally agreeing with BG32, if Ben is ready to go then he should go. Hell if we were still really in the AFC North hunt then I'd probably still agree.

Our best hope now is the 5th seed, either way it's wildcard city so yeah I'm all for sitting him down. This whole thing by Tomlin is just a smokescreen. No way Ben is or was going to play this week.

Rookie Free Agent
    Give Ben another week to heal up. Let's see if anyone can hang onto the ball this week.

No I don't believe he should play we need to keep him out another week and get #7 healthier. We need him ready for the bangels chargers and Colts we have to keep an eye on them and grab that wild card spot. 1 more week. #7 andTroy and everyone will be much healthier at that point then we can run at the wild card playoffs.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SnakeEyes43 View Post
    If he passes all the medical exams and is cleared? Yes. If he feels like he is up to it? Yes. If he practices this week with no pain? Yes. We need him, and the playoffs hang in the balance.

Ben at 50 percent is better than Lefty and Charlie at 100 percent COMBINED!
    All those if's are not true. He IS IN PAIN....he can't make all the throws. The team and the fans are acting like desperate little woman. The man is a trooper but he can't play up to the level we need him.

Sometimes you've got to learn to let it go. Gzzzzzzzz. He can't help us right now and probably realistically won't be able to help us for atleast another two weeks. I guess I'm not a "Fan" per say because a fan comes from the word "Fanatic". And I'm not all hell bent on rushing him out there to hurt our chances NEXT YEAR!

I want 4 more good years from the guy and if we fix a couple of areas in the off-season along with getting an inshape, healthy O-line, we can win it then.

Bringing back a 40% Ben with all the problems we have on this team isn't taking us to any Super Bowl this year. So why do it?
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Thread Information