Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32

Thread: Should Ben Play vs Ravens?

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    @CoachZach_ Zachintosh66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Toledo, Oh
    Posts
    6,993
    My Mood
    Addicted

    My Social Networks

    Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel

    Should Ben Play vs Ravens?

    Not will he... But should Ben Play vs the Ravens?
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

    2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)


    [ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

  2. #2
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Michigan City, IN
    Posts
    12,977
    My Mood
    Mad
    If he is medically cleared to play and if Ben can handle the pain then yes he should play.......

  3. #3
    Head Coach LatrobePA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    THIS IS MY HOUSE BITCHES
    Posts
    12,802

    Should Ben Play vs Ravens?

    Yes...

  4. #4
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ranclho Cucamonga,California
    Posts
    5,616
    I vote no.

    He's going to be like Lefty was when Lefty was trying to throw the ball at the end of the game and couldn't even get the ball to mid-field.

    It's just not our year. And I don't care what anyone says, your risking his long term health subjecting him to that pass rush of the Ravens. They brought it last week against the Chargers..and you don't think their going to bring it like that against Ben?

    Let's just take our *** whipping like a man and move on. No shame. The ratbirds are not going anywhere either. Not with that bum they have at QB.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

  5. #5
    Starter SnakeEyes43's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    South Bend, IN
    Posts
    1,337
    If he passes all the medical exams and is cleared? Yes. If he feels like he is up to it? Yes. If he practices this week with no pain? Yes. We need him, and the playoffs hang in the balance.

    Ben at 50 percent is better than Lefty and Charlie at 100 percent COMBINED!
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

  6. #6
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ranclho Cucamonga,California
    Posts
    5,616
    Quote Originally Posted by SnakeEyes43 View Post
    If he passes all the medical exams and is cleared? Yes. If he feels like he is up to it? Yes. If he practices this week with no pain? Yes. We need him, and the playoffs hang in the balance.

    Ben at 50 percent is better than Lefty and Charlie at 100 percent COMBINED!
    All those if's are not true. He IS IN PAIN....he can't make all the throws. The team and the fans are acting like desperate little woman. The man is a trooper but he can't play up to the level we need him.

    Sometimes you've got to learn to let it go. Gzzzzzzzz. He can't help us right now and probably realistically won't be able to help us for atleast another two weeks. I guess I'm not a "Fan" per say because a fan comes from the word "Fanatic". And I'm not all hell bent on rushing him out there to hurt our chances NEXT YEAR!

    I want 4 more good years from the guy and if we fix a couple of areas in the off-season along with getting an inshape, healthy O-line, we can win it then.

    Bringing back a 40% Ben with all the problems we have on this team isn't taking us to any Super Bowl this year. So why do it?
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

  7. #7
    Starter Raleigh Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    1,416
    My Mood
    Addicted
    See San Francisco game last year...no he shouldn't play.
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

  8. #8
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Michigan City, IN
    Posts
    12,977
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Raleigh Steel View Post
    See San Francisco game last year...no he shouldn't play.
    49ers game his ankle was the issue....He couldn't plant and step into his throws......If Ben is cleared and wants to play then he should play....Early on if he shows he has issue throwing the ball then Tomlin should pull him.....

  9. #9
    Starter Raleigh Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    1,416
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    49ers game his ankle was the issue....He couldn't plant and step into his throws......If Ben is cleared and wants to play then he should play....Early on if he shows he has issue throwing the ball then Tomlin should pull him.....
    Tomlin didn't pull him last year...he didn't pull leftwich this year...what makes you think he'd pull Ben Sunday? Lol


    Has nothing do to with the type of injury. This is not a must win this week, just like last year vs the 9ers. This is about being as close to 100% as he can get for the final month of the season. We could have beaten the 9ers last season (although the likely) but Ben wasn't the same.

    We can win this Sunday (although not likely) and have Ben ready for the stretch run.
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

  10. #10
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Michigan City, IN
    Posts
    12,977
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Raleigh Steel View Post
    Tomlin didn't pull him last year...he didn't pull leftwich this year...what makes you think he'd pull Ben Sunday? Lol


    Has nothing do to with the type of injury. This is not a must win this week, just like last year vs the 9ers. This is about being as close to 100% as he can get for the final month of the season. We could have beaten the 9ers last season (although the likely) but Ben wasn't the same.

    We can win this Sunday (although not likely) and have Ben ready for the stretch run.
    This team has 5 AFC losses already so losing more AFC games is bad......If Ben is ready to go and is cleared to play then he should play........

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 11-04-2011, 08:20 PM
  2. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 11-04-2011, 05:26 PM
  3. McFadden and Taylor will play against the Ravens
    By BlitzburghRockCity in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-10-2011, 11:49 PM
  4. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 11-30-2010, 07:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •