Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Right now..Where is your head at with this team?

Bookmark and Share
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    I"m resigned to the idea that the season is over.
    If you look at the standings and playoff picture, you'll see that it's far from over. Really the only team we have to worry about is Cincy, and we have a 2 game lead on them (one in the standings, one for beating them head-to-head.) Miami is another game back at 5-6 and then there's a bunch of 4-7 teams. As long as we beat Cincy next time, we'll probably make the playoffs. And if we get healthy for the playoffs, we can still make a run.

My Mood
    Pimp

Right now..Where is your head at with this team?

Steeler can make it with a 9-7 record if they beat the Chargers and Bengals and the Dolphins don't win 5 straight.

Rookie Free Agent
    Eternal optimist here. The Steelers still have a good chance at making the playoffs. You want to be in the hunt for the trophy. You can't just forfeit and fast forward to the draft. With Ben and others back, the Steelers are good enough to win playoff games on the road.

And, after talking with a few players in the locker room after the last Ravens game, they took the loss hard. These are not guys just drawing pay checks. They want to win. You won't convince them to give up.

Rookie Free Agent
    Also, I want to see DeCastro get some experience and time with the rest of the line. Soon, I hope...

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    If you look at the standings and playoff picture, you'll see that it's far from over. Really the only team we have to worry about is Cincy, and we have a 2 game lead on them (one in the standings, one for beating them head-to-head.) Miami is another game back at 5-6 and then there's a bunch of 4-7 teams. As long as we beat Cincy next time, we'll probably make the playoffs. And if we get healthy for the playoffs, we can still make a run.
    Looking at the standings right now means absolutely nothing. Because the season doesn't end RIGHT NOW.

Batch will be the QB for the next two games atleast. The season is over.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Starter
    My Mood
    Clowns
    just really sick of them playing down to there competition. been like this last several years. they don't dominate anyone anymore.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

My Mood
    Addicted
    Our destiny lies in our own hands, i don't care either way if we don't make the P.O.'s i'm kool with that to,it will give us better drafting positions,if we do make the P.O.'s i want us to win it all...

My Mood
    Mellow
    after last night, this is really the first time all season i felt great about this team. look it, we lost some stinker of some games. no way should we have lost to the raiders and titans...i know we did...and we should have beaten the ravens and browns without ben! hell, even the broncos game in the opener we could have won...

IF this team gets healthy and on a roll, 11-5 or 10-6 is not out of the question. the division, while not likely, is still up for grabs.

the steelers can beat any team in the AFC, including the texans and pats...they can reach the super bowl!!!!!

and looking over on the NFC side, they don't have a team that is dominate. every team has their flaws and issues.

i hate to jinx this, but right now, the steelers getting to and winning the super bowl would not surprise me at all. WE CAN DO THIS!!!!
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    If Ben came back and could play at atleast 80 percent of himself, and we had no more big injuries, we POSSIBLY could do some playoff damage.

But that's asking for too much.
    Last edited by Real Deal Steel; 12-03-2012 at 11:11 AM.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Rookie Free Agent
    I have had a pretty good feeling about where they are at since the D started picking it up. I am not even going to consider Ben's injury a part of why we are sitting at the 6th seed and hanging on by threads. To me it's the 2 junk losses to Tennesse and Oakland early. Without those we are 9-3.

Add in the Fed-Ex'd gift wrapped win to the Stains last week and this team should be 10-2 with it's only loses to Denver and Baltimore.

After barely losing to the Ravens 2 weeks ago with a broken glass QB and then only losing by 7 after 8 turnovers last week, I have been looking at this team is coming together at the right time as long as they don't make stupid mistakes.

D is playing good, people are getting healthy. It would be nice to get the division and who knows but at this point all I am hoping for is to make the playoffs with everyone healthy. D has come around and Hayley's systems is clicking with Ben is.

Just get in healthy.

Thread Information