Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BIG BEN UPDATES

Bookmark and Share
    orignally from pittsburgh,but now stuck in browns country :(northeast ohio 30mins south of cleveland

My Social Networks

Add mcfly06 on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    I would take a corpse over Batch at this point......Old Man Charlie is officially done....I thought he was done for years but then he would have games like he did against the Rams last year so it was thought he could come in for a few games and handle the fort until Ben was back.......But after Sunday against the Browns, Batch is done......If he doesn't retire at seasons end then I hope the Steelers don't bring him back......
    Agree 100000000000000000% lol, we better get rid of him well we can make him a coach id like to keep around doing that or something in scouting, or something you know??

BIG BEN UPDATES

Quote Originally Posted by mcfly06 View Post
    thats what my family said as well, he hurt his shoulder but the rib injury was a ploy for the baby!! i agree with ya..
    I'm serious, they played it up too much and IMO tried selling it too hard!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Holy crap. If we gave up like some are encouraging, we never would have won Super Bowl XL.

If you remember that year, Ben and Charlie got hurt and Maddox had to start against the Ratbirds. We lost and Ben rushed back to lose to both the Colts and the Bungles. We were on life support, and had to win the last four regular season games to get the 6th seed, roll through three road playoff games, and obviously beat the Deadhawks.

Furthermore, there is NO WAY Ben is playing without medical clearance. If his life was in danger, he would not be allowed to play.

People need to actually THINK before posting this insane BS.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    According to guys at CBS Steelers and the Trib, the issue will be Ben's arm strength now and the rib is no longer something that will keep him out. How true that is we don't know, perhaps another smoke screen by the team?

Ben will wear reinforced shoulder pads, with kevlar, whenever he does come back. Personally I'm still in the camp of letting him go one more week yet but we'll see on gameday what happens.

My Social Networks

Follow Steveo On Twitter Add Steveo on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    Personally I'm still in the camp of letting him go one more week yet but we'll see on gameday what happens.
    Agreed, at this point winning the division is unlikely. Let him sit one more week, before making a push to the playoffs as the 6th seed.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    Agreed, at this point winning the division is unlikely.
    For sure, the division race is over. 9-2 vs 6-5, plus we've played simply horrid against AFC teams this year.
    This team needs to be in survival "just make the playoffs" mode, like 2005.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

Ben still in "significant" pain

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/86...rength-problem

Looks like Batch will get the nod again for the matchup against the Ravens on sunday. Ben says he is still in significant pain. I highly doubt he will play. Pouncey might start at guard this weekend also if Colon can't go.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    The Steelers might as well not even make the trip if Batch is starting.....lol Unless the defense has the performance of the century and the Steelers win a 3-0 shut out....lol

Ben still in "significant" pain

Ben is drama I wouldn't expect him to hide anything! That said we're doomed this week.
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Addicted
    I just read that pain isn't the issue for Ben. It's his arm strength that might keep him out this week. You never know with Ben. That game against Cleveland last year when he sprained his ankle looked really bad and I didn't think he would come out the 2nd half, but he did. So, until Charlie Batch actually walks on the field Sunday and takes the first snap, I'm expecting Ben to play!!

Chris

Thread Information