Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: As long as the Steelers win the rest of their home games and finish 9-7 they will make the playoffs

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    jets-hater

As long as the Steelers win the rest of their home games and finish 9-7 they will make the playoffs

It's really as simple as that and here is why. Right now the only teams the Steelers really need to focus on are the Bengals,Miami and San Diego. The Dolphins have 3 of their final 5 games with San Fran and 2 against the Patriots so as long as they drop 2 of those 3 games and get to 8 losses which I am pretty certain they will do they wont be able to catch the Steelers. As for the Chargers as long as the Steelers beat them here next Sunday on December 9th that will put them at 8 losses and they wont be able to catch the Steelers, and as for the Bengals as long as the Steelers beat them here at Heinz Field on December 23rd and the Bengals lose one of their other 4 games either at San Diego,Dallas at home,at Philly or home to Baltimore which is most likely going to happen they will have 7 losses and like I just mentioned as long as the Steelers are able to beat them here at home even if they both finish at 9-7 the Steelers will win the head to head tiebraker over the Bengals because they swept them.

You can also say that the Titans who are 4-7 now and own the head to head tiebraker over the Steelers need to lose one more game to get to 8 losses just incase they would by some miracle win out and finish 9-7 they would own the tiebraker over the Steelers since they beat them. But there is no way they will win out seeing that they still have to play the Texans,Packers and Colts again. They are guaranteed to drop at least one of those games which would then eliminate the scenario I posted above.

The bottom line is for all those idiots in the media sitting there saying the Steelers playoff chances are dead if they lose to the Ravens this Sunday and fall to 6-6 dont have a clue what they are talking about. They can even lose at Dallas in a few weeks which is there last road game and have 7 losses and still get in at 9-7 as long as they win their home games with the Chargers,Browns and especially the Bengals who they MUST beat at home to make this whole thing possible. The Bengals have been playing better and have looked good the last few weeks but they still dont scare me and Andy Dalton has yet to beat the Steelers since he came into the league last year and has played pretty bad against them in all 3 losses. Ben Roethlisberger,Antonio Brown,and Troy will all be back by the Chargers game and will definitely be back by the Chargers game and definitely all be playing by the Bengals game. It's really that simple guys and gals. The Bengals pretty much need to lose one more game other then to the Steelers which hopefully happens Sunday at San Diego and the Steelers need to win their 3 home games and finish at 9-7 and they are in plain and simple....

My Mood
    Addicted
    word, I'll be at the bengals game on Dec. 23

Ravens will lose to Cinci...

Veteran
    My Mood
    Angry
    word, dec.23 is my birthday
    Cleveland Browns suck!

So do u sit Ben out this sunday? and everybody else that's not 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Ibleedblk&gld View Post
    word, I'll be at the bengals game on Dec. 23
    Woo me too

Veteran
    My Mood
    Angry
    if.....
    Cleveland Browns suck!

My Mood
    jets-hater
    Looking at the entire schedule for that week on December 23rd and the Sunday night game scheduled as of right now is the Chargers and the Jets. Dont be surprised at all and I am just throwing this out here now if the Steelers Bengals game is flexed to Sunday night football that night. This is that time of year where the NFL can flex the schedule and put the best matchups out there on primetime and trust me this one is definitely a canidate looking at the schedule that particular week. There are some terrible games that weekend and unless CBS blocks the Steelers Bengals game that day which is set for 1 o clock that game has a very very good chance of being flexed to Sunday night football if things play out like we keep talking about leading up to that game. It's a definite possibility...

My Mood
    Pissedoff
    Thats alot of what if's but I see what your saying. Yeah,playoffs are possible still but
    do really truly see this team going somewhere on the road? This isn't the same team
    from a few years ago. There is no magic dust left from that bag.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by terrible.towel43 View Post
    Woo me too
    Where are your seats?

Thread Information