Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wallace Is now being listed as a co-starter with Emanuel Sanders per Steelers depth chart

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    up through the giants game wallace was having a good season, then ben gets hurt in the chiefs game and then hes a bum again to everyone because hes not putting up numbers, even though before ben got hurt dwyer was super effective putting up 100 yard games and so did redman even in dwyers absence, miller had 6 TDs and hasnt scored since.

mike wallace isnt the only one not stepping up since ben got hurt.
    True..very, very true.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Even if Wallace is not on the field for the ceremonious first play but plays every snap afterward, I think the message is clear to Wallace that the staff is not pleased with his production, etc. The media swarming his locker like vultures only strengthens that.
    I'm not sure if his attitude/effort has changed this year for the worse or not. I remember him not always fighting for the ball in previous years too. Maybe since its a contract year its in the forefront of everyone's mind so you're seeing it more. Idk. I'm not in the states right now, so I haven't seen any games since before the chiefs game so I have limited info on it right now. Lets just hope he gets the message and comes out with a vengeance vs the ratbirds.
    Have Terrible Towel, Will Travel.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    So why is it ok for Wallace to have less production when Ben isn't there? Sanders stepped up when Brown went down and when Ben went down. So did Cotchery before he got hurt. Wallace has no excuses. Just because you have a 3rd string QB you still have to make plays. Sure maybe you don't get as many but that doesn't excuse the constant lack of effort in jump balls or anything that isn't right into his hands.

Wallace will play on Sunday, Tomlin would be a fool not to play him. If he doesn't start, he doesn't start but he'll still play.

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    So why is it ok for Wallace to have less production when Ben isn't there? Sanders stepped up when Brown went down and when Ben went down. So did Cotchery before he got hurt. Wallace has no excuses. Just because you have a 3rd string QB you still have to make plays. Sure maybe you don't get as many but that doesn't excuse the constant lack of effort in jump balls or anything that isn't right into his hands.

Wallace will play on Sunday, Tomlin would be a fool not to play him. If he doesn't start, he doesn't start but he'll still play.
    3 particular plays come to mind...deep ball early in the game where batch just couldnt get him the ball, the slant that was picked off its easy to say he should have caught that but batch threw that ball way behind him. and the biggest wtf was wallace to the left 3rd down late in the game on an out pattern and batch just didnt drive the throw home and missed him so short on a short pass.....it does matter whos throwing the ball to an extent. he needs to play better no doubt but batch was so horrid last week and they played from behind so much, you cant just expect wallace to make all that go away.

hopefully they realize batch's SEVERE limitations and switch up the game plan this week

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    3 particular plays come to mind...deep ball early in the game where batch just couldnt get him the ball, the slant that was picked off its easy to say he should have caught that but batch threw that ball way behind him. and the biggest wtf was wallace to the left 3rd down late in the game on an out pattern and batch just didnt drive the throw home and missed him so short on a short pass.....it does matter whos throwing the ball to an extent. he needs to play better no doubt but batch was so horrid last week and they played from behind so much, you cant just expect wallace to make all that go away.

hopefully they realize batch's SEVERE limitations and switch up the game plan this week
    I fee bad for Wallace in a way....I do think Wallace can give better effort but at the sametime I don't blame him since he doesn't have a long term deal in place.....The Steelers dropped the ball on how they handled Mike Wallace......I still hope he is resigned but I doubt it now......

Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    I fee bad for Wallace in a way....I do think Wallace can give better effort but at the sametime I don't blame him since he doesn't have a long term deal in place.....The Steelers dropped the ball on how they handled Mike Wallace......I still hope he is resigned but I doubt it now......
    wallace doesnt have a long term deal because he turned it down. the steelers did drop the ball with wallace. they should have reduced his tender when they had the chance.

Wallace Is now being listed as a co-starter with Emanuel Sanders per Steelers depth chart

Wallace is the one dropping the ball now!

My Mood
    Addicted
    Hey Mike,

Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Wallace sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Rahim Moore needs to be shot. Never seen such putrid safety play in my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Best thread in sometime and I agree....I rather eat **** and die then ever root for the Baltimore Ravens

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Co starter or not, the dude is going to play today and we need him to be great. Step up and be counted on, even when the pass isn't perfect.

Originally from Armstrong County, now, just south of Stainville
    Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    I,m not a wallicite but i will say that he is a not a good fit for haley's offense he needs BA'S offense where they look down field Wallace isn't a posscession WR he's aspeed guy look for the colts to sign him to an enormous contract next year if the Steelers let him go
    Wallace has no heart......NONE! I'm not sure there is any offense that needs that......I know I wouldn't want him.

Quote Originally Posted by muncher View Post
    what a brilliant motivational move. im sure wallace really cares that he is co-starter............keep unleashing it tomlin
    Wallace is obviously all about Wallace and nothing else, If he sees his "Fitzgerald type money" slipping away, he may wake up!

Last edited by Stone; 12-02-2012 at 11:37 AM.

Thread Information