Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wallace Is now being listed as a co-starter with Emanuel Sanders per Steelers depth chart

Bookmark and Share
    Starter
    My Mood
    Clowns
    Sounds like Tomlin is trying to light a fire in some of these guys asses (wallace and Mendenhall specifically)
    Cleveland Browns suck!

Tomlin's BS can't light any one up. Everyone's tired of his cliches.

My Mood
    Pissedoff
    Just like I said all summer...I hate being correct...lol

up through the giants game wallace was having a good season, then ben gets hurt in the chiefs game and then hes a bum again to everyone because hes not putting up numbers, even though before ben got hurt dwyer was super effective putting up 100 yard games and so did redman even in dwyers absence, miller had 6 TDs and hasnt scored since.

mike wallace isnt the only one not stepping up since ben got hurt.

My Mood
    Frustrated

Wallace Is now being listed as a co-starter with Emanuel Sanders per Steelers depth chart

I would much rather are Brown and Sanders be the starters. They go out and make plays while Wallace just looks like he doesn't want to be there. Good luck getting your big contract mike with that effort.....

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk app

Maybe if they were to put Wallace back into the slot position where he started out and made all the huge plays he would be more successful. He just doesn't seem like an every down starting wide receiver especially in this offense. It seems like Brown and Sanders on the outsides with Wallace in the slot could be successful and he would draw more favorable match ups.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Oh Wallacites, where arrrrrre yoooooouuuuu??? hehehehehe
    I stated a couple weeks ago that Id eat my crow on this one as I was a Wallace supporter. Now, who the hell has been backing Wallace the past few weeks? Can we have a genuine discussion about this topic without bringing this stupid **** up constantly?

Veteran
    Wallace is not having a good season at all. It doesn't seem to me like he's focussed, and that lack of concentration is leading to the drops (more drops than I remember in past years.) In fairness, the Steelers are not really taking advantage of his strength (there's no question he has elite speed, but the Steelers haven't been very vertical this year) but Wallace hasn't shown he can be that all around receiver either. That's why Brown is a better receiver. He does more. And Sanders has been coming on this year as well.

Wallace has not helped himself out at all for free agency next year. And if I were the Steelers, there's no way I'd franchise him. He's not worth that much.

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    up through the giants game wallace was having a good season, then ben gets hurt in the chiefs game and then hes a bum again to everyone because hes not putting up numbers, even though before ben got hurt dwyer was super effective putting up 100 yard games and so did redman even in dwyers absence, miller had 6 TDs and hasnt scored since.

While that is correct, I still believe there is a difference between the players and that is their attitude. Wallace seems like a man who don't care anymore. Sure, Miller hasnt had any TDs, but he is giving it his all everytime he is on the field. Same with Redman (and I do not like Redman). Wallace don't really make any kind of effort to the ball right now, which is what really made him a very good WR before. He'd really attack the ball when he ran routes.

My point is, Wallace wants to be paid like a top WR, yet he does not strike me as being one right now. Might be the system, might be the lack of QB, might be something else entirely. The fact remains that he is not getting it done right now, nor does he strike me as a person who really wants to get it done.

I know that its obviously speculations as I cannot say if he cares or not, but I can say that watching him play now and last year, there is an immense difference in his body language.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post

I agree that other people have not stepped it up, but Wallace is the kicking dog here (unfortunately).

This is the way I evaluate Wallace as an elite WR or not, and not just over the last few games.

An elite WR makes his QB better.

In Wallace's case, does he make Ben a better QB or does Ben make Wallace a better WR?

IMO, Ben makes Wallace a better WR, which means he is not elite in my book. He can't beat the double team, he has questionable leadership issues, and onn the Steelers, he is not the go to guy. That said, I really like Wallace and appreciate the things he does for this team, but if a QB can't get him the ball, rather than work harder to get open / separation, he appears to pull back (effort wise).

Thread Information