Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A few injury updates

Bookmark and Share

A few injury updates

http://blog.steelers.com/2012/11/27/...till-to-start/

Ben throws; Batch still to start
    Posted by Teresa Varley on November 27, 2012 – 12:20 pm

Steelers Coach Mike Tomlin was able to deliver some good news on the injury front this week, with some players who have been battling injuries working their way back to playing.

Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger threw the ball on Monday and Tomlin said he “Will take steps towards playing this week. We’ll leave the door open.” In addition Byron Leftwich threw some on Monday, but Tomlin made it clear that Charlie Batch is the starting quarterback at this point for Sunday’s game against the Ravens at M&T Bank Stadium.

“Right now Charlie Batch is our quarterback,” said Tomlin. “We are working offensively to put together a plan to complement his strengths. That is our plan until otherwise. These guys will participate in some form or fashion. We’ll let that participation or the result of the participation guide us in terms of their availability as we push to the later part of the week and see where those guys are a little later in the week. As we sit here today we are doing so with Charlie Batch being our quarterback.”

Receiver Antonio Brown is going to practice and at this point is scheduled to play against the Ravens. In addition, safety Troy Polamalu is expected to practice this week and could play on Sunday. Tackle Willie Colon, who missed the Browns game, is improving and has a “strong chance” of playing.

Tackle Mike Adams has been ruled out for Sunday with an ankle injury, and will be replaced by fellow rookie Kelvin Beachum.
    No word on Rainey. I saw an interview with him after the game and he didn't really mention the severity of the injury.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

Suggs with bad achilles and all, will eat Beachum for lunch. The over under on his holding penalties Sunday will be 4. I say over.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Whatever happened to Ryan Lee? I thought he looked better than Beachum in preseason.

Quote Originally Posted by Harrison92 View Post
    Suggs with bad achilles and all, will eat Beachum for lunch. The over under on his holding penalties Sunday will be 4. I say over.
    Last game Suggs got shut down by Max Starks, I'm more worried about Kruger dominating our RT again, Adams got abused and I can't say I'm confident Beachum will do much better.

My Mood
    Manic
    Quote Originally Posted by scott0326 View Post
    Last game Suggs got shut down by Max Starks, I'm more worried about Kruger dominating our RT again, Adams got abused and I can't say I'm confident Beachum will do much better.
    Abused ? let's not get carried away he gave up a couple of sacks but what did you expect for a rookie Adams isn't who we have to worry about Kelvin Beachum does't belong on any teams roster and it is a total mystery why he is on our's .Ben better not play until Adams comes back or he will be killed .I would rather have Malecki play rt Tackle and that isn't saying much but a least he's big enough

My Mood
    Impatient
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    Whatever happened to Ryan Lee? I thought he looked better than Beachum in preseason.
    He is now on the saints practice squad

My Mood
    Addicted
    I know Beachum had a holding penalty on his first play on Sunday, but I don't think he had any other flags after that. Also, I don't remember any sacks coming from his side. Am I wrong or wasn't there only one real sack by the Browns (which I believe was the play where Adams got hurt)? It sounds like DeCastro is going to play on Sunday, so I'm sure he'll help Beachum on the right side.

Chris

A few injury updates

This guy might surprise some people!

My Mood
    Pissedoff
    Quote Originally Posted by cmerrifield View Post
    He is now on the saints practice squad
    And thats b.s. Lee never got a chance here. I liked that dude.
    Guess the Almighty Colbert knows all though.

Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    Guard only not tackle.

Thread Information