Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Steelers have no chance to beat the Ravens next week if Batch is the QB...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    colts-hater

The Steelers have no chance to beat the Ravens next week if Batch is the QB...

I am pretty much already conceeding the game next week in Baltimore if Batch has to end up starting again because there is absolutely no way that the Steelers are going into Baltimore and winning that game with Batch as their starting QB especially since Baltimore now has a chance to clinch this division next week with a win and a Cincy loss in San Diego next Sunday. At this point I am not even playing Ben next week if he isnt 100 percent healthy since the division is pretty much out of reach now.

The good news is San Diego did lose today and that keeps them at 4-7 instead of 5-6 and still 2 games behind us for that last wildcard spot instead of one. The Bengals are tied with us at 6-5 with the Steelers owning the head to head tiebraker and still having to play another game at Heinz Field against the Steelers. The Dolphins are the next team behind the Steelers and Bengals at 5-6 but they have a tough schedule left still having to play the Patriots twice and the Niners once 3 out of their last 5 games. In my opinion, the season starts 2 weeks from today against the Chargers and that is when I would bring back Ben.

If the Steelers lose next week and win out and finish 10-6 and beat the Chargers,Cowboys,Bengals,and Browns with Ben back and Brown and Troy back as well they will make the playoffs and then it's a new season and anything can happen. But at this point I am not even playing Ben next week unless he is 100 percent healthy. The Steelers almost have to conceed this division now and save Ben for another week and get him back and ready for the last 4 winnable games on the schedule.

The good part about this weekend, is I saw the SIX super bowls displayed at the Heinz history center. The bad part is we lost to Cleveland!!! yes cleveland. I don't think next week's game matters anymore..

Looking forward to the draft
    "HAIL TO PITT"

My Mood
    colts-hater
    The hell it doesnt matter every game the Steelers play against the Ravens matters and the Steelers are still right in the thick of this playoff race and with guys like Ben and Antonio Brown due back in the next week or two and a lot of winnable games still left on the schedule the Steelers still have an excellent chance to get into the playoffs at 10-6 or even 9-7. It's frustrating as hell to sit there today and watch such a pathetic performance but it is what it is at this point and we as fans have to turn the page and move on from this one and look forward to these last 5 games. The opportunity to get in the playoffs is going to be there and if Ben is healthy and gets it going again anything is possible once you get in. You can look forward to the draft if you want too but I am looking forward to this team getting Ben back and making a run at a wildcard spot after this Ravens game next Sunday...

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Next weeks' game absolutely matters. Even if we lose next week and win out, we are in the post season as 43 said. It's as simple as that. Now whether or not we do anything is a different story but we can still get in there by our own accord.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    For what it's worth though, Batch and Lefty, pick your poison but I'm not starting Hoyer in that game if I'm Tomlin. I'll take my chances with Batch maybe doing something if the RB's don't fumble every 5 minutes.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    For what it's worth though, Batch and Lefty, pick your poison but I'm not starting Hoyer in that game if I'm Tomlin. I'll take my chances with Batch maybe doing something if the RB's don't fumble every 5 minutes.
    The RB's sucked badly today but so did old man Charlie.....Batch was worse then Lefty last week.......Hoyer doesn't know the offense and would have no timing with the WRs but at this point he couldn't do any worse then Batch or Lefty....lol I just hope Ben plays......

Draft Pick
    My Mood
    Ornery
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    Unless either of them throw to Mike Wallace and he decides to become a juggler on the field instead of playing wr. It just does not seem like his head was in these past two games at all.
    Gumbands

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    the other RB's fumbling is kinda unusual and fluke...but Mendy was just being Mendy. Doing a spin move in a pile for no reason.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Pissedoff
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Mendy was just being Mendy. Doing a spin move in a pile for no reason.
    That made me laugh. All I see is Mendy spinning like a top with the ball popping up like a geyser. Haha.

Until the Steelers are mathematically eliminated, every game matters. Can't turn the ball over 8 times and expect to win. Defense was overtaxed yesterday and as solid as they were, at what point are they going to start catching the balls that hit them in the hands, facemask, etc.?

I'm not spending much time on the Browns game this week, because it just isn't worth it. Looking ahead to Baltimore and with no Ben, hoping for the best. If they don't win, then I at least hope they knock either Flacco or Rice out of the game.

Thread Information