I am pretty much already conceeding the game next week in Baltimore if Batch has to end up starting again because there is absolutely no way that the Steelers are going into Baltimore and winning that game with Batch as their starting QB especially since Baltimore now has a chance to clinch this division next week with a win and a Cincy loss in San Diego next Sunday. At this point I am not even playing Ben next week if he isnt 100 percent healthy since the division is pretty much out of reach now.

The good news is San Diego did lose today and that keeps them at 4-7 instead of 5-6 and still 2 games behind us for that last wildcard spot instead of one. The Bengals are tied with us at 6-5 with the Steelers owning the head to head tiebraker and still having to play another game at Heinz Field against the Steelers. The Dolphins are the next team behind the Steelers and Bengals at 5-6 but they have a tough schedule left still having to play the Patriots twice and the Niners once 3 out of their last 5 games. In my opinion, the season starts 2 weeks from today against the Chargers and that is when I would bring back Ben.

If the Steelers lose next week and win out and finish 10-6 and beat the Chargers,Cowboys,Bengals,and Browns with Ben back and Brown and Troy back as well they will make the playoffs and then it's a new season and anything can happen. But at this point I am not even playing Ben next week unless he is 100 percent healthy. The Steelers almost have to conceed this division now and save Ben for another week and get him back and ready for the last 4 winnable games on the schedule.