Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let's curb the Brian Hoyer talk for now, he's not the answer

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Let's curb the Brian Hoyer talk for now, he's not the answer

The backup QB is always the most popular guy in town, as the cliché goes but right now is not the time to play Hoyer.

Batch may not have been good but Mendy, Dwyer, Redman and the rest had a huge hand in this loss. Even if Batch tosses 3 picks but the backs don't fumble, this outcome is likely different.

There's a reason Hoyer was available folks.

If Tomlin plays him and he does well then I'll eat crow, but I doubt it happens.

The issues are just flat out bad play by most of the offense in general, the not just Charlie.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

Then need Ben back next week or the season is over and who cares about the Hoyer talk

Assistant Coach RIVERS OF STEEL's Avatar
    My Mood
    Where
    Hoyer v Ravens. All that's left. Next up the Ravens. Kinda scary. Well, not really scary. since I am not expecting the best anymore.

And their fans.

My Mood
    Mellow
    well, i said it during the game thread, but purely in jest. yes, he is not the answer!

what really sucks so far this season is that this team can't put it together. in the beginning our defense was non-existent, while the offense was able to do some scoring but not enough.

then the D started to play better and the O was doing their job for a few games.

then the KC game happens. the steelers look like crap on both sides of the ball, and ben gets hurt.

this team could win with leftwhich or batch. it's not like the ravens are that good, and the browns pretty much blow. but lack of discipline in these games...drive killing penalties, turnovers in waves, poor coaching decisions.

i believe that this season ended today. i don't see us winning next week at baltimore, and i don't see us running the table the rest of the season. this organization has to do some soul searching.
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

My Mood
    Addicted
    I think at this point we are playing for draft positioning. There is no reason to rush Ben back or for that matter David DeCastro.

Let's curb the Brian Hoyer talk for now, he's not the answer

Either are the other two stiffs!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I agree with you Blitz but honestly Hoyer couldn't have played much worse then Batch today....Old Man Charlie was terrible.......

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    I agree with you Blitz but honestly Hoyer couldn't have played much worse then Batch today....Old Man Charlie was terrible.......
    yeah I know bro, he was off target and rusty as all hell. I'm just not convinced Hoyer can do any better having just got here and being out of work before. Perhaps he's the backup QB of the future; at least he's younger than old man dirt Batch and broken down Lefty.

My Mood
    Amazed
    Hoyer played behind Tom Brady for 4 years, I would hope some of Brady/s pixie dust would rub off
    Peace & Yours in Black 'N Gold,

Lyn

www.blackngoldpride.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JXqogT0VU

Many thanks to BR7 (Ron) for the sig and matching avatar

My Mood
    Pissedoff
    As a veteran "experienced" backup/ex starter in this league no way in hell Charlie
    should have looked THAT bad. He was air floating/lame ducking his mid range to long
    balls and looked only comfortable with 10/15 yd passes,thats if he was on target with those.

He knew he was going to play all week,he's been the backup here forever,he knows the damn
    playbook and how it should be excecuted. I'm not giving him a pass,if your getting a paycheck
    then you should be able to come in and guide your team not look lost and bewildered.

I'd give him one more half against the Rats and if he's not improved then let someone
    with fresher legs and some fire try a shot. We have nothing to lose,let's see if this guy
    Hoyer can play,if not then we look elsewhere during the off season.

Thread Information