Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Help Wanted: Serviceable Back-up QB

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbyBlister View Post
    Get your point but like I said Charlie throw the int deep to Wallace and was no need for it and Pitt had good field position and plenty of time on the clock. Anyhow my point is we need a good back up if that comes through the draft or free agency does not matter but needs to happen. We can no longer expect Ben to go through a season without missing a few games.
    I agree and this is definitely Charlie's last season (or better be). I would only feel better with a Garrard, Hasselbeck, than wasting a young pick on another team's "QB of the future" when he left in four years.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    Huh? You would rather have a young kid with no experience behind a line you say yourself is sh!++y? We would be in a WORSE position with a young kid against the Ravens next week than with say, Lefty. They would eat him up. You develop young QBs to be a future starter, which is not going to happen with Ben as #1. Stick with a veteran who can read defenses and get it out.
    Last I checked some of these rookie qbs are doing pretty good this year. Yes I will take a chance on one of them then two has been qbs that lost there starting jobs on other teams for a reason and continue to age.

I agree and this is definitely Charlie's last season (or better be). I would only feel better with a Garrard, Hasselbeck, than wasting a young pick on another team's "QB of the future" when he left in four years.
    Not a fan of Gerald at all Hassleback maybe. Anyhow great talking to ya and have a great night my fellow Steeler fan.

orignally from pittsburgh,but now stuck in browns country :(northeast ohio 30mins south of cleveland

My Social Networks

Add mcfly06 on Facebook
    I wouldn't waste a pick on a QB we just need a better backup a younger guy that knows he isnt the starter. But just go in free agency, or draft late.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbyBlister View Post
    Last I checked some of these rookie qbs are doing pretty good this year. Yes I will take a chance on one of them then two has been qbs that lost there starting jobs on other teams for a reason and continue to age.
    Yeah, but we are not going to get RGIII or an Andrew Luck in the draft. Nor would any QB we draft get the first team snaps all season long like they all get. They would be thrown to the wolves in a mid-season injury situation where they have not seen snaps in 3 months.

Not a fan of Gerald at all Hassleback maybe. Anyhow great talking to ya and have a great night my fellow Steeler fan.
    Thanks and you too! :-)
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Starter
    My Mood
    Clowns
    Need a younger back up. Charlie is too old and byron is too fragile. Shouldn't have let jerrod johnson go.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

Yeah, but we are not going to get RGIII or an Andrew Luck in the draft. Nor would any QB we draft get the first team snaps all season long like they all get. They would be thrown to the wolves in a mid-season injury situation where they have not seen snaps in 3 months.

Thanks and you too! :-)
    Thanks man and take care and hopefully will get em next week.

My Mood
    Amazed
    Hoyer was Brady's backup for 4 years, he had to have picked up some of Tom's pixie dust
    Peace & Yours in Black 'N Gold,

Lyn

www.blackngoldpride.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JXqogT0VU

Many thanks to BR7 (Ron) for the sig and matching avatar

Help Wanted: Serviceable Back-up QB

Batch and Leftwich suck sack!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

But would the Broncos be winning with Brock Osweiler, especially if the Broncos were fumbling away the ball 5 times?

Would the Saints be winning with Chase Daniels?

Would the Ravens be winning with Tyrod Taylor?

I suspect, no, no, and no.
    All of those guys are at least young and have potential and I believe Osweiler has a lot of potential.. Batch and Leftwich are just old ****** washed up QB's who shouldn't be on this roster anymore.

Thread Information