My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhys Lightning 63 View Post
    Lady's and gentleman... HERE is your answer
    Hey, Regime is here!

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    We've waited too long to start grooming a young guy! With Ben's history we need to start ASAP!
    Groom a young guy for what? To leave after 4 years? Why bother until you believe that Ben is in that 4 year window where he will retire. You are developing a player for someone else. And even if Ben were to get hurt and you needed him, he would be someone who had not taken any full speed snaps and would not produce. A veteran is much more useful for teams with a franchise QB unless the franchise QB is close to retirement.

I would not waste anything but a very late round pick on a young QB.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbyBlister View Post
    Even so Batch had plenty other chances and just proved he has nothing left.
    Really? Has he started since 2010? He did a fine job against Tampa Bay when Ben was suspended, so I am unsure where these "plenty other chances" came from.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Well that's those teams dang fault and ours also for the crap we keep at qb. Also those qbs you mentioned seem to stay healthy every year and are not scraped off the ground each week. Ben does not! Yes I know Manning got hurt a few years back but how many years did he play without missing a game ?
    Is it possible that the problem is too few quality QBs for the amount of teams? Some do not even have a decent starter, so it seems kind of foolish to blame these teams, including the Steelers, for having less than Tom Brady as their backup. We are panicking because of poor QB play but let's put this in perspective. Ben sucked against the Chiefs until he was hurt. Lefty sucked but with broken ribs the entire game. Batch was actually not that bad (one INT was not his fault and he had to throw in a lot of situations we would prefer he did not because of 5 fumbles and holding penalties put us in bad spots).

It has been an overall sh!++y performance by the offense and we are unfairly putting it all on the backup QBs.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by RIVERS OF STEEL View Post
    They are winning and we are losing.
    But would the Broncos be winning with Brock Osweiler, especially if the Broncos were fumbling away the ball 5 times?

Would the Saints be winning with Chase Daniels?

Would the Ravens be winning with Tyrod Taylor?

I suspect, no, no, and no.

Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    Really? Has he started since 2010? He did a fine job against Tampa Bay when Ben was suspended, so I am unsure where these "plenty other chances" came from.
    Yea when he was 57 but his almost 60 now. As for the chances like the stupid long ball throw to Wallace when there was no need for it. Besides he doesn't have the arm to get it there and he proved it with the int. Like Clint Eastwood said mans got to know his limitations and Charlie is now very limited.

Is it possible that the problem is too few quality QBs for the amount of teams? Some do not even have a decent starter, so it seems kind of foolish to blame these teams, including the Steelers, for having less than Tom Brady as their backup. We are panicking because of poor QB play but let's put this in perspective. Ben sucked against the Chiefs until he was hurt. Lefty sucked but with broken ribs the entire game. Batch was actually not that bad (one INT was not his fault and he had to throw in a lot of situations we would prefer he did not because of 5 fumbles and holding penalties put us in bad spots).

It has been an overall sh!++y performance by the offense and we are unfairly putting it all on the backup QBs.
    Your missing the point Ben does not have the OL as qbs like Brady has and misses a few games each season. Same thing that end our season last year is threatening to do it again, Ben being injured. This team needs to find a solid back up for the future.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Two years is not that long ago but point taken. I would also add that he is the third string QB for a reason

The problem, IMO, is that he was put in a position where the team HAD to rely on his arm. Without the 5 fumbles and 142 holding penalties, he could have managed the game, made throws he is comfortable with, and we would have been OK. Those factors were far larger in the loss than Charlie.

Two years is not that long ago but point taken. I would also add that he is the third string QB for a reason

The problem, IMO, is that he was put in a position where the team HAD to rely on his arm. Without the 5 fumbles and 142 holding penalties, he could have managed the game, made throws he is comfortable with, and we would have been OK. Those factors were far larger in the loss than Charlie.
    Get your point but like I said Charlie throw the int deep to Wallace and was no need for it and Pitt had good field position and plenty of time on the clock. Anyhow my point is we need a good back up if that comes through the draft or free agency does not matter but needs to happen. We can no longer expect Ben to go through a season without missing a few games.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Your missing the point Ben does not have the OL as qbs like Brady has and misses a few games each season. Same thing that end our season last year is threatening to do it again, Ben being injured. This team needs to find a solid back up for the future.
    Huh? You would rather have a young kid with no experience behind a line you say yourself is sh!++y? We would be in a WORSE position with a young kid against the Ravens next week than with say, Lefty. They would eat him up. You develop young QBs to be a future starter, which is not going to happen with Ben as #1. Stick with a veteran who can read defenses and get it out.

Thread Information