Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Help Wanted: Serviceable Back-up QB

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by scott0326 View Post
    All of those guys are at least young and have potential and I believe Osweiler has a lot of potential.. Batch and Leftwich are just old ****** washed up QB's who shouldn't be on this roster anymore.
    Potential for what? To get crushed by the Ravens?

The Steelers do not need a QB of the future as Ben will be here many more years. They need an established veteran QB who will not crap himself because he has not run an NFL offense before.

Like I said, I doubt there is an NFL coach who would rather have Kirk Cousins of Brock Osweiler spot start a playoff game against the Ravens over a healthy Lefty (yeah, I know, "healthy" and "Lefty" is an oxymoron).
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post

The Steelers do not need a QB of the future as Ben will be here many more years. They need an established veteran QB who will not crap himself because he has not run an NFL offense before.

Like I said, I doubt there is an NFL coach who would rather have Kirk Cousins of Brock Osweiler spot start a playoff game against the Ravens over a healthy Lefty (yeah, I know, "healthy" and "Lefty" is an oxymoron).
    They have the potential to at least complete a pass down field or maybe hit a quick slant? Lol, I would take Osweiler over Batch and Leftwich ANY DAY and have a hell of a lot more confidence in him then I do in Batch or Leftwich.

Leftwich Is never healthy and Batch is just straight up garbage, his arm strength is non existent and he is way to old to be attempting to play in the NFL.. I honestly would rather of seen that Jerrod Johnson guy in the pre-season start.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post

Tarlqtr,

What's wrong with grooming a young guy the way that the 49ers groomed Kaepernick? They haven't even attempted to draft a young guy and groom him. And they've had three years to do it. Lefty and Batch were old three years ago. That's the part that I condemn Tomlin on.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Pissedoff
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Tarlqtr,

What's wrong with grooming a young guy the way that the 49ers groomed Kaepernick? They haven't even attempted to draft a young guy and groom him. And they've had three years to do it. Lefty and Batch were old three years ago. That's the part that I condemn Tomlin on.
    I agree Real Deal. Nothing wrong with using a fourth rounder on a young mobile strong armed QB.
    I'd sure as **** take my chances with a kid learning the same playbook in pre season/camp etc...
    then two jurassic stiffs who are milking a paycheck and wasting roster spaces.

Got a question guys:

We need to groom a young QB. As far as the backup QB position is concerned, that should be the first priority.

But....Carson Palmer will be free in the off-season; do we pursue him?

Draft Pick
    This post is as relevant tonight as it was last November. While I think the Steelers might retain Charlie as our #3 QB, I really don't think we'll see Leftwich in the Black & Gold this season.

The backup QB issue is a HUGE one in the off season. Brian Hoyer is a now a Free Agent; why shouldn't we bring him back? He already had a crash course in Haley's new system. I saw him do some preseason work when he was with the Patriots. He looked sharp. He obviously had a nice career at Michigan State.

Help Wanted: Serviceable Back-up QB

Stanton...
    "Happy Happy Happy"

I think we can do a little better then Stanton.

I'd love for them to sign Matt Moore
    Last edited by Big T; 02-23-2013 at 12:22 AM.

I agree with Matt Moore too.....I thought he looked pretty good in Miami in 2011. He could actually win a game for us!

Thread Information