Thread: Was this the season?

Bookmark and Share

Was this the season?

Sure, we are all extremely pissed off right now. Still, you have to ask the question. We are currently 6-5, same as Bengals - who are playing amazing football right now -, and Ravens is 8-2 before tonights game. We are 1-2 in the division and I'm fairly sure that we just lost the 6th seed as of right now.

We play The Ravens next week in Baltimore. Ravens have been very very good at home, and we have not been very good on the road. Furthermore, the status of Big Ben is still uncertain and without him we might as well just mark it 0. Even with Big Ben in there, it is going to be a very rough game to win. So unless they somehow prove me wrong we'll be 6-6, 1-3 in the division, after next week. After that we have to play Bengals, Chargers and Browns home, and we play Cowboys on the road. All the home-games should be manageable, however it all depends on when Big Ben returns. A road-game in Dallas is never easy, however still very winnable. Lets just say that we win out. We'll be 10-6, but only 3-3 in the division. As said, if we don't have Big Ben in there, neither of the last games will be easy games, and we should probably expect that we will drop one of them.

I have not yet done the math in The AFC, but chances are that 9-7 won't be enough for anything and 10-6 will be very close to a 6th seed however not at all a certainty.

Again, I know that we're all ticked off because of this terrible outing, but truthfully this loss hurt in the worst kind of way in terms of making the playoffs.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

My Mood
    Woot
    I figure the Steelers will finish 3-2 losing all the road games and winning all the home games. This will be enough to keep them out of the playoffs.

My Mood
    Clowns
    If we finish 10-6 and beat the Bengals and Chargers at home the Steelers will get into the playoffs because they will own the head to head tiebrakers at least over both the Bengals and Chargers and other then Miami who is 5-6 they are the only 2 teams in the AFC that can catch the Steelers realistically for one of those wildcard spots. The good news is as I pointed out in the other thread that Ben should be back for both of those games even if they lose in Baltimore next week and fall to 6-6. and the Chargers win this week against the Ravens and next week against Cincy and get to 6-6 also the Steelers will have a chance to beat the Chargers at home and win the head to head tiebraker over them...

Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSteelers View Post
    I figure the Steelers will finish 3-2 losing all the road games and winning all the home games. This will be enough to keep them out of the playoffs.
    I'd say it all depends on if bens playing and how healthy he is. No formula has been devised to win a game yet without him and judging by our offensive performance the last two games i'd say we would be lucky to win any without bigben.

My Mood
    Woot
    Quote Originally Posted by Steeldriven View Post
    I'd say it all depends on if bens playing and how healthy he is. No formula has been devised to win a game yet without him and judging by our offensive performance the last two games i'd say we would be lucky to win any without bigben.
    True...maybe the Steelers win 1 or 2 games without him.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    It is in jeopardy but by no means is this the season.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    Does it matter? LOL At this point do we win just enough to get a shiatty pick

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

Thread Information