Thread: IF Ben gets back the Steelers are still in good shape to get into the playoffs...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Clowns

IF Ben gets back the Steelers are still in good shape to get into the playoffs...

Forget the division now at this point. The only thing that is saving the Steelers *** at this point in the AFC is that they currently own the head to head tiebraker over the Bengals and are both 6-5 and they still have the Chargers at home in a couple weeks and the Bengals again at home in a few weeks. Miami won today and is now 5-6 and both Buffalo and Tennessee lost today and are now 4-7 which is the good news. Ben should be back by both of those games and they both are at home even if you lose next week to the Ravens and drop to 6-6. You should win out with Ben back against the Chargers,Dallas,Bengals and Browns with 3 of those 4 games being at home and Dallas being overrated. The offense has killed this team the last 2 weeks and you cannot blame the defense at all for either of these losses. You get Ben back and this will get corrected and the Steelers will get this thing turned around and at least find a way to get into the playoffs...

My Mood
    Addicted
    When we get to the playoffs.

Going through New England
    Going through Houston
    Going through Denver

and wait............ wait for it..............

Going through Baltimore

Fun times ahead.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I don't fault the defense at all and really they have kept both of these losses from being blowouts.....But when does Ben comeback?.......I think most of us are assuming he will be back after the game in Baltimore but I think that is wishful thinking........

Rookie Free Agent
    I just don't want them rushing Ben back before he's ready....I agree with troyisabeast that if Ben comes back soon it's a possibility but don't want it to be at the detriment of Bens(and after today i'm not sure we can win another game without him) health because he's got more good years ahead barring any bad injury setbacks.

My Mood
    Asleep
    I don't want Ben coming back if he is not 100 percent healthy. I'm concerned that the Steelers don't have a young prodigy type QB that can be groomed for the future. This is the perfect time for this type of QB to get some playing time under his belt, yet we have two old farts as backups.

Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSteelers View Post
    I don't want Ben coming back if he is not 100 percent healthy. I'm concerned that the Steelers don't have a young prodigy type QB that can be groomed for the future. This is the perfect time for this type of QB to get some playing time under his belt, yet we have two old farts as backups.

I agree...i couldn't help but groan when they let Jerrod Johnson go with the scenario they are currently dealing with in my head at the time...now i guess we might be paying for that decision. What sucks the most is the ravens are weak as hell and could be overtook by us with a healthy ben or viable backup but now we might be stuck watching the bengals pull it out and take this division in the end...sad....
    Last edited by Steeldriven; 11-25-2012 at 05:12 PM.

Originally from Johnstown, PA...now trapped in Bungleland
    Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    Forget the division now at this point. The only thing that is saving the Steelers *** at this point in the AFC is that they currently own the head to head tiebraker over the Bengals and are both 6-5 and they still have the Chargers at home in a couple weeks and the Bengals again at home in a few weeks. Miami won today and is now 5-6 and both Buffalo and Tennessee lost today and are now 4-7 which is the good news. Ben should be back by both of those games and they both are at home even if you lose next week to the Ravens and drop to 6-6. You should win out with Ben back against the Chargers,Dallas,Bengals and Browns with 3 of those 4 games being at home and Dallas being overrated. The offense has killed this team the last 2 weeks and you cannot blame the defense at all for either of these losses. You get Ben back and this will get corrected and the Steelers will get this thing turned around and at least find a way to get into the playoffs...
    Thank you for your never-say-die till it's over, look for a way to win, optimism! Hopefully our team pulls together the same attitude!

Starter
    My Mood
    Clowns
    Steelers players amazed at Ben Roethlisberger's healing powers

Steelers players amazed at Ben Roethlisberger's healing powers

By Mike Freeman | National NFL Insider
    November 25, 2012 11:37 am ET

8 | Comments

If you read this site or watch CBS, you've known all along that Ben Roethlisberger could return to action against Baltimore next week. For those other news organizations just catching up to this development, well, welcome!

The reason that I reported this earlier this month was because some in the organization thought that while the rib injury was a serious immediate threat, it wasn't the long-term issue some were making it out to be. This isn't to say the rib injury is totally healed, but all signs point to Roethlisberger playing sooner rather than later.

The rib has healed quickly, and the shoulder isn't as bad. Big Ben is on the mend.

This news has caused some in the Pittsburgh locker room to be utterly amazed at Roethlisberger's healing powers. There's no question, once upon a time, some of Roethlisberger's teammates wondered if his pain and injuries were slightly exaggerated by the quarterback so he could appear to be football's version of Willis Reed.

No more.

One of Roethlisberger's teammates texted that he believes Roethlisberger is the toughest player that he has ever seen and ever will see.

Roethlisberger's ability to play hurt -- and heal quickly -- is becoming legendary. If it's not already there.
    Tags: Ben Roethlisberger, Baltimore Ravens, Pittsburgh Steelers, NFL
    Cleveland Browns suck!

I think we can EASILY beat any team in the AFC except the Texans and Pats. Both of those teams are beatable but we would have to play a good game. Of course this all hinges on us being healthy. Ben, AB, the entire Oline as well as not losing any key defensive players. We could do it but there are just too many ? at this point for me to feel confident in any way that we are going to make any noise down the stretch. The good news is that most of the AFC sucks and all we have to do is beat Cincy and then stay ahead of them.
    I like big hits and I cannot lie

Starter
    My Mood
    Clowns
    Well i haven't given up on the season. I still think we can make the playoffs. Just need to get healthy. We need bigben back! Our defense is playing there asses off. I'm not throwing it in for the draft. Yes today sucked! But we can still right the ship. Look at the giants, they had a few bad games, and as we speak are beating the packers. it's not over folks. As weve learned the last few years, all that you have to do is get in the tournament.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

Thread Information