Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Epic fail

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted

troy could be back next week

Could be back next week? He hasn't been back in 2-3 years lol but seriously, we all love the way he plays, reckless, without abandon like its his last game. That's why he is always hurt, he couldn't change his style of play if he wanted too. If he could he wouldn't be the same player we are used to seeing make big plays. Gotta take the good with the bad.....

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Troy has not been himself in awhile but to say he is Overated is a little far fetched.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    When some in our fanbase have claimed him to be the best player in the NFL...Not best defensive player but the best player then that is over-rating a player.....Plus look at Troy's career......29 career INT's....Not to special....Sure he flies around like an idiot like nobody can but sorry Troy flying around like an idiot doesn't impress me......

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    When some in our fanbase have claimed him to be the best player in the NFL...Not best defensive player but the best player then that is over-rating a player.....Plus look at Troy's career......29 career INT's....Not to special....Sure he flies around like an idiot like nobody can but sorry Troy flying around like an idiot doesn't impress me......
    I never said(not saying that you said I said) Troy was the best player in the nfl. I think for a good period of time he was one of the most dynamic playmakers defensively.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    I never said(not saying that you said I said) Troy was the best player in the nfl. I think for a good period of time he was one of the most dynamic playmakers defensively.
    3 years in his career yes.......

Say what you want but we must have troy back in this defense. I mean he's the most aggressive DB (when it comes to jumping routes) that we have. I just hope we don't go back to the same ole "we have the best defense so we don't have to change our game plan we make the offense change there game plan bullshit. The reason our defense has played so much better over the last few weeks is that we actually game plan according to who we're playing, add Troy into that mix and we have instant turnovers.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.NASHA\My Documents\My Pictures\steelers-logan%20large.jpg

My Mood
    jaguars-hater
    We can use all the help we can get playing the Ravens especially if Ben,Brown and Troy are all back healthy for that game...

My Mood
    Addicted
    if troy is ready to play, he should be demoted to back-up. will allen has been solid. the secondary has played well in his absence and we shouldn't upset that right now.

i've always loved troy, but his play (due to injuries) has dropped off significantly. he can be useful in certain situations, but shouldn't be the starter now.

it's rod woodson all over again. woodson reached a point in his career that he was no longer a starting CB. Troy is there...he can't play his style anymore, but he doesn't change either.
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Not sure that is the best comparison to make your point. You do realize that after the Steelers gave up on him Rod went on to play great football, even made All-Pro, for the Ravens, Niners, and Raiders? Troy has been one of the two best safeties in the league and could be again if A) he got a new trainer and B) stopped tackling with his head.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Thread Information