Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DeCastro cleared to practice.

Bookmark and Share

DeCastro cleared to practice.

Reports today David DeCastro is cleared to practice.

Will his first start be against the Ravens in a couple weeks?

From PFT:

Guard David DeCastro, their first-round pick in April, has been cleared to return to practice. DeCastro has been out since tearing his MCL and doing other damage to his right knee in one of Pittsburgh’s preseason games. He was placed on injured reserve with the designation to return after final cuts and has been eligible to return to practice for several weeks.

Now that he has returned to practice, the team has three weeks to decide whether or not to move him back to the active roster. Until they do, DeCastro does not count against the 53-man roster so there’s no need for a corresponding move. If they don’t, he’ll revert to injured reserve for the rest of the year.
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 11-21-2012 at 02:41 PM.

DeCastro cleared to practice.

Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    Reports today David DeCastro is cleared to practice.

Will his first start be against the Ravens in a couple weeks?
    Sweet!

COnsidering how well Foster is playing, they can bring him alomg slowly and get him some reps out of choice vs necessity.

My Mood
    Frustrated
    This cheered me up today! I can't wait to see him out there and help out our O-line.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    No way on God's green earth that DeCastro will start, nor should he start. Foster has been carrying the load all year long and the unit is getting better overall as they get more time together. Putting a rookie in there who hasn't practiced since preseason let alone played in a game, no thanks. The starting 5 have a hard enough time working with Adams as a rookie over on the right side, no way in the world you put 2 rookies beside each other with Charlie Batch in there, or even Ben unless injuries dictate that you absolutely need to.

I'll be happy to wait until 2013 when he's able to compete and of course likely win that RG job.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Well, considering how often an O-lineman gets hurt around here, we need all we can get. Him making his debut against the Ravens would be tough. Maybe the week after against the Chargers?
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    No way on God's green earth that DeCastro will start, nor should he start. Foster has been carrying the load all year long and the unit is getting better overall as they get more time together. Putting a rookie in there who hasn't practiced since preseason let alone played in a game, no thanks. The starting 5 have a hard enough time working with Adams as a rookie over on the right side, no way in the world you put 2 rookies beside each other with Charlie Batch in there, or even Ben unless injuries dictate that you absolutely need to.

I'll be happy to wait until 2013 when he's able to compete and of course likely win that RG job.

This!!!!!!!!
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post

Yea, I was talking out of excitement there. Hopefully we can get him some reps this season though sometime. To see what he is capable of at this level. Im back to reality now lol.

FOster has held his own this year and quite frankly, I would be seriously concerned with DeCastro and Adams, albeit 2 talented rookies, on the same side of the line protecting the QB of the Week. Foster will not likely resign next year (think he is a FA) so it works our perfectly for DD to step in and start carving his legacy as a Pittsburgh Steeler.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Happy Happy Joy Joy.....Happy!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't see DeCastro starting right away either unless Colon keeps up his terrible play of late and Colon has been back to committing penalties......Colon was playing well for a few weeks but the last couple weeks he has been BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Information