Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How the WR production will realistically shake out the rest of 2012 with Plax now.

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

How the WR production will realistically shake out the rest of 2012 with Plax now.

Now that he's back and come full circle, wearing his #80 jersey again in Pittsburgh, how much will he actually do for the Steelers this season?

Realistically I see him as basically taking over for Jerricho Cotchery. With 2 busted ribs, Cotch isn't going to see action until the last week or two of the regular season most likely, if at all. He, Jerricho, was the 4th WR on the depth chart and normally got a handful of looks each game at best, nothing crazy.

Plax's production will depend a lot on when AB is able to return. If Brown is out this weekend against the Browns then of course Plax is going to get a few more opportunities. If Brown is able to return then Plax will be mostly on the sidelines, coming in occasionally in the redzone or perhaps 3rd down in spread sets.

We're not going to see Plax with 40 catches and 6 TD's; although that would certainly be nice.

Mike Wallace will get all of the double teams the rest of the way out, with the defense rolling a Safety over to his side. Sanders will get one on one the vast majority of the time and he'll have to win those battles. David Gilreath will certainly draw a nickle or dime back and could find himself open more often than we might think; that Baltimore game had him wide open late but Leftwich couldn't get him the ball.

Basically until Brown returns this group is going to have it's share of struggles but also opportunities to shine. Wallace will have to make plays besides is typical post pattern running back everyone and guys like Heath and David Paulson will be important (if they can be pulled away from Mike Adams' side).

So Wallace and Sanders are #1 receivers for now? I can see Plaxico having an impact in the Ravens game. I just don't trust Wallace.
    "HAIL TO PITT"

My Mood
    Addicted
    yeah I honestly believe as long as he catches onto the system and runs his routes effectively, Plax will get more playing time than we may think...hell I haven't seen him play since last year and I already trust him more than Gilreath (and possibly Wallace)

i could see him scoring 6 TDs for the remainder of the season, especially if ben comes back. hes not gonna stretch the field much, but he cn certainly catch some touchdowns

My Mood
    Addicted
    Good move, let's see what he has left in the tank. Do we have a club option for next season?

I think he will have a bigger impact than some might believe. Hoe Ben gets back soon.

Remember, Plax scored 8 TDs with Mark Sanchez throwing him the ball. No, he won't stretch the field between the 20's but I really think he can be very effective in the red zone. How long has it been since we've had a 6'5" receiver? I didn't like it when they let him go.

My Mood
    Roflol
    Let's temper expectations on Plax until we see him play. I'd be surprised if he caught 2 tds. Though I'd be throughly pleased if he caught 6.
    Fear da Beard

I don't always post, but when I do its on SteelerAddicts.com

Sponsered by the following:
    Cookies, Air, TP

I'd be happy if he caught two TDs. I personally am not expecting anything, merely stating facts related to his past performance, sprinkled with opinions regarding effectiveness in the red zone.

Draft Pick
    My Mood
    Ornery
    Maybe they are thinking he is better catching fade patterns in the redzone than the one Wallace tried to catch.
    Gumbands

Thread Information