Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What in the world was that ridiculous play at the end game??

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Clowns

What in the world was that ridiculous play at the end game??

Can someone, anyone, justify to me the logic behind that ridiculous fumbleruski debacle play at the end of the game? Did Haley and Tomlin actually think that had a chance? I was fully expecting to see the PITT band storm the field for God sakes!

Of course not, I'm sure the Ravens were laughing on the sidelines when Leftwich dumped it off. We could not believe it in the stands, the boos were out like crazy! I'm sorry but that's about the dumbest call I've ever seen.

Oh wait, perhaps it was because Leftwich couldn't make the hail mary throw that you expect because he was hurt!!!
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 11-19-2012 at 10:07 PM.

2nd String
    How about the play that set that up - seconds left, Lefty throws to the first down line at the middle of the field on the last play of the game. Why on God's earth did they not throw the bomb on the last play of the game behind by 3 points? Especially with an arm like Lefty has. And at least try for a pass interference? Or a lucky catch? The more I think about it, the more I realize how the Steelers totally ignored obvious strategies.

The Steelers could have easily won that game. The Ravens struggled as much as we did.

You must not have ever watched another NFL game before in your life. When you are too far for a hail Mary, you try to complete a pass and lateral it around to see if you can do something with it. Happens every week.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Lefty couldn't throw the ball down field for the Hail Mary. He hurt himself in the first quarter when he fell in the endzone after he ran 31 yards without being touched.
    DJ Crimefighter @ Insaneradio.us

What in the world was that ridiculous flea flicker at the end game??

Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    You must not have ever watched another NFL game before in your life. When you are too far for a hail Mary, you try to complete a pass and lateral it around to see if you can do something with it. Happens every week.
    I vomited all over my dog with this teams attempt last night!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Rookie Free Agent
    you didnt need a td, just a 35-40 yard PI call

My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Re: What in the world was that ridiculous flea flicker at the end game??

That's the problem, Lefty was clearly limited in that game so we were hampered in what we could run. Byron was throwing 70yd bombs in camp. If he can't play get him out.

That play had no chance.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

I heard lefty bruised his ovaries...
    "Happy Happy Happy"

2nd String
    I don't think it was too far. Catch and run at least. If he is too hurt to throw deep, put somebody in that can. Batch for one throw. I know there is someone on that team that can chuck the ball deep. By not even trying they basically just rolled over. That game was full of all kinds of coaching mysteries.

My Mood
    Frustrated

If Leftwich was healthy he would have completed that bomb to Gilreath I think that would have set us up in chip shot range and maybe even close enough for a touchdown.

There's no way that he would have had the arm strength to throw a Hail Mary with the injury. It could have been a little deeper down field but I don't think anything was going to work at that point,

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk app

Thread Information