Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gotta root for a Chargers win over Ravens on Sunday now...

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Look,

The Browns play us just as ferocious as the Ravens do. Remember, it was the Browns last year who really ended our season when they gave Ben that high ankle sprain. The Browns will put Charlie Batch out the game if given the chance and they would happily take a penalty to do it. So it behooves us to run the freakin ball a whole lot.

I wouldn't mind on running the ball on both first and second down and keep 3rd down real manageable for Batch. Keeping Batch at the most, 22 pass attempts for the game sounds about right.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison92 View Post
    Facing Cleveland's defense will be much like facing the Ravens with one exception - The Brown defense commits way more penalties. Keep special teams in check, limit Batch's attempts to <25, and just run the friggin ball. We are simply buying time here; style points don't matter. A 3-0 win is still a win in my book and it keeps the Steelers right in the thick of things.

Plus we may not have the horses to put up more than 17-20 points in this game anyway. Don't get cute or fancy, or try and air it out. Run the damn ball, use play action, manageable short passes and if Batch is able to maybe go deep to Wallace once or twice and see if he can come down with it or get another PI.

Gotta root for a Chargers win over Ravens on Sunday now...

This is a no brainer.. I fn hate Phillip Rivers so it'll be painful either way!

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    This is a no brainer.. I fn hate Phillip Rivers so it'll be painful either way!
    Rooting agin Ratbirds goes without saying....but don't count on them to lose. They are skilled at doing just enough to win, and they rarely shoot themselves in the foot as other teams seem to do (see Cowboys).
    Am mystified how anybody could hate Philip Rivers: a very nice & decent family man with like 6 kids.
    STEELSPIKES

The way the Steelers and Ravens are hurting, the Bengals may come from 3rd to first real quick.....

We maybe sixth seed with Cinci on top. This season just started...

Quote Originally Posted by steelspikes View Post
    Rooting agin Ratbirds goes without saying....but don't count on them to lose. They are skilled at doing just enough to win, and they rarely shoot themselves in the foot as other teams seem to do (see Cowboys).
    Am mystified how anybody could hate Philip Rivers: a very nice & decent family man with like 6 kids.
    He's a pos that does nothing but run his mouth on the field.

Speaking of protection, one thing is for sure. . .Mike Adams needs help. he makes great contact and arm extension, but his footwork is absolutely dreadful. Lot of chipping on his side come SUnday.

Whatever it takes.

Veteran
    My Mood
    Angry
    Wont mean a thing if we dont take care of business.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

Quote Originally Posted by Harrison92 View Post
    Speaking of protection, one thing is for sure. . .Mike Adams needs help. he makes great contact and arm extension, but his footwork is absolutely dreadful. Lot of chipping on his side come SUnday.

Whatever it takes.
    I'm a huge Adams fan but I agree he was awful Sunday night. On the bright side he'll learn...

My Mood
    jets-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    The way the Steelers and Ravens are hurting, the Bengals may come from 3rd to first real quick.....

We maybe sixth seed with Cinci on top. This season just started...
    The Bengals have no chance to win this division period. They are 1-3 in the division and have already lost to the Ravens and the Steelers one time each. They are 5-5 right now and are still very much in the wildcard hunt but the Steelers get the Bengals here at home still and have already beat them head to head. But to clear it up again the Bengals have absolutely zero chance of winning this division...

Thread Information