Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gotta root for a Chargers win over Ravens on Sunday now...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    colts-hater

Gotta root for a Chargers win over Ravens on Sunday now...

I know a lot of people are doom and gloom after the loss last night saying the Steelers after losing have no chance to win the AFC North now but I wouldnt go that far just yet. The Chargers are now in absolute MUST win mode this weekend with the Ravens coming in. Plus, Ed Reed will be out for this game with his helmet to helmet hit last night as he has been suspended for 1 game. If people remember last season the Ravens went into San Diego and got spanked by the Chargers pretty good in a game they needed to win so there is no reason not to believe it cant happen again. Now if it does happen and the Steelers win in Cleveland on Sunday the deficit in the division goes back to 1 game and then it's game on once again next week in Baltimore for Steelers Ravens round 2 next Sunday in which hopefully Ben will be ready to come back.

I know everybody thinks this division is over after the loss last night but it isnt quite just yet. The Ravens schedule to finish out is much tougher then the Steelers is so if you can get a Ravens loss in San Diego and win in Cleveland next week you make the Ravens once again have to go through you to put a strangle hold on the division. The bottom line is the game last night is over with and the Steelers have to move on and still have to realize that they can still get back in this division race if they take care of their own business. The Ravens are going to drop some games here coming up with the Chargers,Steelers,Redskins,Broncos,Giants and Bengals left on their schedule. I can see 3 losses there. Win this week in Cleveland with Charlie Batch and keep the pressure on the Ravens to keep winning. This division race is far from over yet I think...

With the Ravens still playing the Chargers, Giants, and Broncos, the division race is far from over. The game in Baltimore will be a big deciding factor.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

I heard that Reed is suspended for one game, so you would think the Bolts can pull off a win
    "HAIL TO PITT"

Steelers just have to win the games that are on our schedule; it starts there. As poorly or as vanilla as the Steelers looked yesterday on offense, they still moved the ball. Ravens are in trouble.

My Mood
    colts-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison92 View Post
    Steelers just have to win the games that are on our schedule; it starts there. As poorly or as vanilla as the Steelers looked yesterday on offense, they still moved the ball. Ravens are in trouble.
    I agree if I am the Ravens I will take the win no doubt but I am not sitting here bragging about barely hanging on to beat the Steelers with an injured back-up QB the entire game. The Ravens are due to drop a bunch of games and they are playing offenses coming up here that can score points and know how to win games. Joe Flacco and that offense is going to have to play much much better down the stretch or they will not get away with winning games like they did last night. Sooner or later their luck is going to run out. You cant keep winning ugly every single week like the Ravens have been doing all season. At some point it is going to catch up with them...

My Mood
    colts-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by SnakeEyes43 View Post
    With the Ravens still playing the Chargers, Giants, and Broncos, the division race is far from over. The game in Baltimore will be a big deciding factor.
    Aside from everything as well the Steelers are still in a great position when it comes to being in the playoffs and getting a wildcard spot. They are 6-4 and tied with the Colts right now at 6-4 and have a nice 1 game lead on the Bengals who are 5-5 and who the Steelers still own the head to head tiebraker over and play at home in late December . The next teams that are behind the Steelers are the Chargers,Miami,Jets,Bills,and Titans are all 4-6 and currently 2 games behind the Steelers, and I dont think none of those teams are a serious threat to overtake the Steelers at this point for one of those wildcard spots they simply are not good enough...

I was actually surprised last night at how poorly the Ravens played. Flacco was terrible. I don't see them going very far in the playoffs.

Starter
    My Mood
    Cool
    steelers must take care of the clowns too.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

The Ravens have it much tougher from here then we do. I could still see them losing to the Chargers, Giants and Broncos. Definetly feel we are in good shape for a wild card but the divison isnt totally out of hand. Fingers crossed Ben can still be back for the 2nd ravens game.
    Proud fan of Dale Earnhardt Jr., Pittsburgh Steelers, Duke Bluedevils, and San Antonio Spurs.

Facing Cleveland's defense will be much like facing the Ravens with one exception - The Brown defense commits way more penalties. Keep special teams in check, limit Batch's attempts to <25, and just run the friggin ball. We are simply buying time here; style points don't matter. A 3-0 win is still a win in my book and it keeps the Steelers right in the thick of things.

Thread Information