Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The league continues to crumble!

Bookmark and Share
    Originally from Armstrong County, now, just south of Stainville
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    Once the schools start removing football from the programs it will be the sign of the end. its a time bomb. The first lawsuits will strat coming in and the schools will drop the game... then the colleges will drop it. the small communities wont pay the extra property tax to cover the huge liability. the game will start to deteriorate... Lawyers and Insurance have destoryed plenty in America already..

Why cant the soldiers sue for getting shot in battle..??? There are plenty of reports of bullets hurting soldiers, but they keep doing it..
    Similar...... but still very different. One is an agreement to defend your country and it's freedom. The other is a game which uses young, uneducated, males on display to make billions. (remembers Mendy's comment about the players being slaves?)

In Vietnam, there were a number of idiot Lieutenants who were shot in the back by their own men because they were certain to lead their troops to death (the good of the many versus the good of the few). In football, an idiot for a head coach loses games.

I agree that Lawyers and Insurance has done a great deal of damage but I think this issue has been brought about by simple greed on the part of the NFL and owners.
    Last edited by Stone; 11-20-2012 at 01:21 PM.
    Who will be Todd Haley's first victim on national TV ...... and when?

One is an agreement to defend your country and it's freedom......

Right... Pop Warner, High School, College and the pros need a signed agreement with players that says ..

I know this game hurts me ... it is my life... let me do what i want. i cant sue anybody. Signed Player..

Or this game is done in decade or two...

Im sure soldiers sign a paper that says they realize they may die..

Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    One is an agreement to defend your country and it's freedom......

Right... Pop Warner, High School, College and the pros need a signed agreement with players that says ..

I know this game hurts me ... it is my life... let me do what i want. i cant sue anybody. Signed Player..

Or this game is done in decade or two...

Im sure soldiers sign a paper that says they realize they may die.
    No we didn't, it's just understood.

As far as football being done?.....I hope not.....It doesn't have to go that way. Football is tough and it's violent but it's the money aspect that has taken it from a molehill of danger and turned it into a mountain range.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Football is a violent sport. But their trying to make Football into underwater basket weaving.
    Underwater basket-weaving isn't safe either. You could drown.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/Sports%20gallery/Pittsburgh%20sports/Pittsburgh%20Steelers%20-%206X%20Super%20Bowl%20champions/PGH256A.jpg
    Six Lombardi Trophies: Not coming soon to a city near you.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    I think most fans that have a clue know that Fuhrer Goodell's player safety is a farce.........
    Agreed.

My Mood
    Sunshine
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    I think most fans that have a clue know that Fuhrer Goodell's player safety is a farce.........
    Not so sure about it being a farce.it's very clear cut, do not hit any defensless receiver or QB above the shoulders unless their names happen to be Roethlisberger or Vick. Now to balance the playing it's ok to go helmet to helmet with running backs and linemen.

Speaking of linemen it's ok to cut block them as long as you do it with center - guard or guard - tackle, that way destroying a mans knees is much safer that going center -tackle , I hope this clarifys the NFL safety policy for you.
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

Think about it?

Due to PED's and HGH's we have 280 pound linebackers who have the agility of a 180 pound wide receiver and the strength of a 320 lineman.

We all played football in high school and a few played in college. I remember the "occasional" time when I had my body in the perfect position to lay a debilitating lick on someone.....these guys have that ability every play due to drugs.........and the league turns a blind eye because it makes them money!

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    There really is nothing you can do as a league unless you discontinue the game. Period. The game is beloved for the violence. Sorry but that's the truth. And there NEVER will be safe enough gear to stop the injuries.

All players who play the game just need to sign a waiver that states they know the health risk involved. Then the league is not liable down the road. It's that simple. The same waiver that city workers sign when they work underneath the streets and subways. It's not that hard to solve.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    There really is nothing you can do as a league unless you discontinue the game. Period. The game is beloved for the violence. Sorry but that's the truth. And there NEVER will be safe enough gear to stop the injuries.

All players who play the game just need to sign a waiver that states they know the health risk involved. Then the league is not liable down the road. It's that simple. The same waiver that city workers sign when they work underneath the streets and subways. It's not that hard to solve.
    Don't you think that if these guys lived in a zero tolerance policy for HGH and PED's the injuries would be greatly reduced?

Also, ESPN just discussed the dysfunction of the NFL as represented by the Ed Reed suspension/lifting. The NFL is getting more negative press than they have ever gotten before.
    Last edited by Stone; 11-21-2012 at 11:12 AM.

Thread Information