Thread: The little things did us in...

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

My Mood
    Mellow

The little things did us in...

Plenty of blame to go around last night, but it was the little things that cost us the game.

We said that the Steelers would need to play a perfect game to win without Ben, and we didn't!

False start and holding penalties putting us in 2 and 3rd and longs...

Giving up a punt return...i know this was a big play, but the little things of punt coverage slips this team time and again...

Wallace fumble after a nice catch and run...

Play calling; 3rd and shorts and 30 yard pass plays to full backs?...fad patterns when the steelers are gashing the ravens on the run...

Clock management...2 timeouts on the same drive, within 40 seconds?...these things can't happen.

Defensive offsides on 3rd & 7 before the 2 minute warning...cost us a free timeout and a lot of time.

Mendy staying in bounds...

I'm sure I missed a few others (my brain is up yet), but all these little things added up to a huge loss that should have and could have been a big win for us. now we sit at 6-4 and really have very little room for error the rest of the way.

These things need to be cleaned up, because Ben can cover up these kind of mistakes with his play. And don't sleep on the browns. Next week is not a gimmie!
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

Draft Pick
    My Mood
    Ornery
    Quote Originally Posted by Raleigh Steel View Post

Giving up a punt return...i know this was a big play, but the little things of punt coverage slips this team time and again..
    Yeah, but the non- call from the idiot refs on the block in the back by the Scumbirds screwed that play.
    Gumbands

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Omicron View Post
    Yeah, but the non- call from the idiot refs on the block in the back by the Scumbirds screwed that play.
    Your soooo right about that. But Lefty was as awful as I've been saying. He can't play anymore. The guy had a week's worth of reps and he was still God awful.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raleigh Steel View Post
    Defensive offsides on 3rd & 7 before the 2 minute warning...cost us a free timeout and a lot of time.
    "Defensive offsides" is a little redundant, don't ya think?

In all seriousness, I will now and will always refer to that as the offsides that changed a season. 2:00 with the ball is very different from 1:00 with the ball.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Once again Tomlin gets out-coached...

Yet he's never held accountable. As the man would say... "it is what it is." That guy couldn't coach his way out of Pop Warner. He just good on the mic and with the one liners. So is the Rock and the Rock is a crowd favorite too, I just dont want either of them "coaching" my team. Keep it up Mike and Vince McMahon can get you the intercontinental championship.
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    couldnt help it...

- Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Thread Information