Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Worst game from Haley all year?

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Even with Leftwich stinking up the joint, we could have won that game with the proper play calling. There was zero creativity and once the running game got going in the second half, we didn't use it at key, critical, moments!

This game mystifies me!

Is Batch hurt?.....Why didn't hwe go in when Lefty was clearly hurt and ineffectual?

Why didn't we use the run once it started being successful?

Why didn't Mendy try to get out of bounds?

Why did Lefty keep throwing the ball over the middle in the 2:00 minute drill?

Why doesn't Wallace fight for the ball?
    1. I think Tomlin wanted to show Lefty that he has confidence in him...maybe? Or he wanted to Leftwich to finish "his" game? IDK honestly. That's all I can think of. As far as I have heard, Batch is healthy.

2. No clue. I was screaming for more Dwyer.

3. It looked like he thought he could get more out of the play with his speed. Nevertheless, he should know to get out of bounds ASAP in that situation.

4. Again, no clue.

5. He is timid, weak minded, and has zero heart. I thought he would have a big contract year at least...guess not. Is it possible to clone Hines Ward?
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCsteelersfan View Post
    You can't blame any offensive coordinator for a loss when their quarterback is Leftwich and their "number one" WR is Wallace. I wouldn't even blame Arians for a loss if that is what he had to work with.
    Yes you do blame the OC for calling a fade to Mike Wallace with a rusty QB who really isn't known for having much touch on his throws........Plus the running game had started to click and really two runs should have been called there since it was 3rd and 2......Go for it on 4th down if they hadn't gotten the first or TD on 3rd down........If the offense don't pick up the first then the Ravens offense would have been pinned deep and the Ravens offense hadn't moved the ball all night on the Steelers D....Mike Tomlin and Todd Haley settling for three there cost the Steelers the game....It was such a Bill Cowher type move.........

Worst game from Haley all year?

Haley getting the plays in late causing us to burn timeouts certainly didn't help either. Tomlin for keeping a hurt lefty in as well... They blew it!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Thread Information