Thread: Winning With Leftwich (and Batch?)

Bookmark and Share
    Rookie Free Agent

Winning With Leftwich (and Batch?)

Steelers fans aren't expecting much, but I think there is hope for the Steelers on Sunday night. Remember the Denver playoff game - not not last year's. During the 2005-6 Super Bowl season, a young Ben Roethlisberger went in to the game with everyone thinking he would mostly be handing off to Bettis. The Steelers came out throwing and led 24-3 at the half. That is the kind of game plan the Steelers need this week.

Leftwich should go deep to Wallace early in the game when the Ravens are loading up against the run. He's got the gun. Max protect, play fake, two receiver pattern...deep to Wallace.

Then, to keep up the time of possession domination, the Steelers could bring in Charlie Batch for the short and intermediate passing game. I don't think they will, but he is more proven with the decision making and quick throws.

Finally, I think the Steelers need to use multiple RBs on a variety of plays (after passing for a lead). Keep the Ravens guessing.

Anyway, just a few quick thoughts.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Gregg Rosenthal agrees on at least one point, Lefty will throw more than people think.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...n-for-steelers

It makes sense. The Ravens D has not been putting much pressure on and their DBs are really banged up.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Lefty will have to throw to win tonight, the ravens will force him to throw.. the ravens main goal has to be to stop our run and blitz byron.. Has byron ever played 1 game and all 4 qtrs for us? Byron needs to play really good for us to have a shot at this one. And 92 needs to get sacks now, at least 4.. come'on man...

Thread Information