Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any word on Decastro?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Frustrated

Any word on Decastro?

Has anyone heard anything on how Decastro is doing? I thought they said he would be able to come back this season if everything went as planned?

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    They have just a few days more to decide what to do with him. They are waiting to the last minute, I assume, because they will IR him if there are no injuries to an interior lineman that would make him necessary. I do not believe they want to mess with the chemistry of a line that has played moderately well.

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com...serve-IR-rules
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Veteran
    Has he actually practiced to start the clock?

This move should be made with the long term in mind. Forget this year, with Ben and Troy out, it's going to be difficult to go anywhere. Will DeCastro be better in his career sitting on IR or on the active roster, playing in some games? The answer is pretty obvious to me.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    It's waaaaayyyy too early to give up on this season, IMO. Most likely, both Ben and Troy play again this year.

And let us put this in perspective. I am not saying it will happen, but let's assume Lefty and the O put a 27 up on the Ratbirds and we win 27-13. We are in first place and this board will be roaring about how well we are positioned for the playoffs. This team is a contender year after year with a "next man up" philosophy. I would not give up on anything until the cause is hopeless.

As far as Decastro, I am not an expert in the new IR rules but I believe the clock started when he was placed on it. They have until a set date to either activate him or shut him down for the year.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

My Mood
    Mellow
    The Steelers pay big money for DeCastro to play football if the medical people and his conditioning are given the go....he will and needs to play...Anybody who thinks that this O-line is playing with any type of consistency or even moderately well is smoking something funny......But just saying that DeCastro is ready he will only improve the O-Line play.......As for TP43 or BR7 I highly doubt you will see either of them this season especially Ben, the seriousness of his RIB INJURY will preclude him from playing PERIOD.......TP43 calf muscles take forever to heal if Allen continues to play the way he is now TP43 will sit and heal maybe even have the much needed surgery........As for the Steelers being out of the Picture......Tonights game will dictate the Season.....I thing they beat the Rats tonight and set the table for the Run........

My Mood
    Addicted
    Tough call indeed, I lean toward shelving him to next year.

My Mood
    Impatient

Re: Any word on Decastro?

I want him ready. If Ben can't play Lefty needs more time/better pass protection. If there is an injury at OG, he could fill it well.

sent from my Galaxy SIII using tapatalk 2

My Mood
    Frustrated

Any word on Decastro?

I'm leaning towards just sitting him until next year. You have to think long term on this one

My Mood
    Pissedoff
    I'd like to see him get some reps this season if he's ready to go. He's 22 not 32,guys heal
    up quicker at that age. If he's not 100% then shelve him until next camp.
    Thanks Gilbert you a hole!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    It's waaaaayyyy too early to give up on this season, IMO. Most likely, both Ben and Troy play again this year.
    let's say you're right, which I don't think you are. Even if Roethlisberger comes back, the season will already be over.

Quote Originally Posted by FlatsSteeler View Post
    Anybody who thinks that this O-line is playing with any type of consistency or even moderately well is smoking something funny......
    Or just naturally delusional

Thread Information