Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: #44 Davenport

Bookmark and Share
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    yeah he is a decent role player, and he finally got to show his catching abilities with us......but haynes is good when he's actually healthy for that....so i rather get a legit power back to take the load off of willie
    Verron Haynes is a solid but he is never healthy thats he can't be counted on. He gets hurt every year it seems like. I'm all for the drafting of a legit power RB. You need depth at RB.

If Willie goes down with major injury then the Steelers will be trouble thats why they better think about drafting a RB.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Verron Haynes is a solid but he is never healthy thats he can't be counted on. He gets hurt every year it seems like. I'm all for the drafting of a legit power RB. You need depth at RB.

If Willie goes down with major injury then the Steelers will be trouble thats why they better think about drafting a RB.
    yeah that's kinda why i'm hoping we get one in the second round, i don't mind if we go another direction in the 2nd round, but if there isn't anyone better, and maybe if bush, hunt, or that white boy lol, is sitting there we might as well get one cause the depth is much needed, especially with it not being a guarantee that dookie will be back........... i just hope i don't hear a million rumors about us trading to get Duckett.........
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post

I agree that his leg is an issue. I love willie parker but I would rather have a power back like bettis. It's weird having a speed back in our backfield.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by big d View Post
    I agree that his leg is an issue. I love willie parker but I would rather have a power back like bettis. It's weird having a speed back in our backfield.
    I'm fine with Parker as the starter. I'm just worried about depth. I don't even count Haynes since I'm sure he will be hurt again. As for Dookie, he is a solid player but not a guy that I would want carrying the load of Parker went down. So drafting a RB especially a power back would be nice.

That would give us depth and a guy that spell Fast Willie so he doesn't get broke down. I know he hasn't had alot of miles on him. But that can change in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    i'd rather have hunt.....i like bush, but i'm being scared off by he leg injury.......... i don't know if he's gonna be the same, or if he's gonna be a pussy and be tentative running the ball.......
    Just remember what happened to Mcgahee, I see this as much the same situation if not better as Bush's injury was not as severe
    "Racing doesn't teach a lesson. Nor do most racers. Many of them can't even tell you why they're in the cockpit. They don't know. Racing isn't what they do. It's who they are."

R.I.P. Dan Wheldon

So far I don’t see anything official yet about his release. But, I do hope we keep him for one more season at least. Yes as mentioned he’s injury prone, but his yds/carry is pretty good when he gets the ball. He does have great size and should run like a tank (as BnG32 mentioned), but he doesn’t. I’ve seen him run outa bounds instead of finishing it off Steeler style. We need to give him the ball more, between him and Willie 50-50. We need a LB and OL in the first couple rounds, then think about getting an RB after.

A ton of thanks goes to both HouseOfSteel and TopGun for my cool avatar and sig!!
    Thanks also to BlacknGoldBleeder for referring me to this site.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    we won't release him, he's not under contract anymore....he had only signed a one year deal with us

... and another thing, all this talk about drafting a quality RB. Well, the old theory still applies... it's no good having a great RB if you don't have the blocking!! Our OL is gettin' too old...

A ton of thanks goes to both HouseOfSteel and TopGun for my cool avatar and sig!!

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    it got younger by the retiring of harting.....we still have some young players that did decent when given the chance.....i'm not to worried about the line as most...... cowher was just being stubborn and not wanting to put the young talent in even when the oline/assistant head coach said they should........ we'll be back next year

Koop, do you think Okobi is Pro Bowl quality like Hartings is? Also, Faneca is going into his 10th year and who is his backup, Essex (unproven to me)???? Since, Steelers football is running between the tackles, we need a quality C and LG to replace Hartings and Faneca.

Thread Information