Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: #44 Davenport

Bookmark and Share
    House of Steel
    I wish we would keep Davenport, he did a fine job on returning the balls and provided a little pounding power running.

Najeh is a UFA.. Here is his breakdown: http://www.steelersalarycap.com/play...hDavenport.htm

Gold Standard

Haven't seen anything on steelers.scout.com

scout.com has been a very reliable source for steeler news. Normally if someone from the team even comes out of the head office or training facility to fart, its reported on! I haven't seen anything at all about Najeh! He is a unrestricted free agent but I was expecting the Steelers to resign him for cheap $$. His downside is he has been injured a lot and he is middle aged for an NFL RB. I think he still has game to offer! I would like to see him return but with a new sheriff in town I don't think anything is a given!

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Yeah Najeh only signed a 1 yr deal and was the final piece of that RB merry go round we went through earlier in the year with bringing in players, releasing them, never playing them etc.

There's something about the guy I like but I want to see him really run harder and break more tackles. He started to show that for us once he got some playing time towards the end of the year, but he's a big enough guy that I really want to see him run hard and strong and take over that power back role for us.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Well for depth purposes the Steelers better resign him. That would leave Willie Parker, Verron Haynes, John Kuhn.

If Dookie isn't resigned the Steelers then will draft a RB. I don't see any free agents out there.

Even if Dookie is resigned I still think drafting a RB sometime in the draft would be a smart move.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Yeah Najeh only signed a 1 yr deal and was the final piece of that RB merry go round we went through earlier in the year with bringing in players, releasing them, never playing them etc.

There's something about the guy I like but I want to see him really run harder and break more tackles. He started to show that for us once he got some playing time towards the end of the year, but he's a big enough guy that I really want to see him run hard and strong and take over that power back role for us.

i like dookie, especially on speical teams, but he's soft, he isn't a pounder like he looks, the only time he pounded was against the browns.....we can do better....... someone said this in another thread, he's a willie type of back, he just isn't as fast......... and i doubt he'll ever be a pounder cause that's not how he rolls........
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    i like dookie, especially on speical teams, but he's soft, he isn't a pounder like he looks, the only time he pounded was against the browns.....we can do better....... someone said this in another thread, he's a willie type of back, he just isn't as fast......... and i doubt he'll ever be a pounder cause that's not how he rolls........
    He was the same way with the Packers. I think he is a good role player and is needed for depth but like you said for a guy his size he should be a tank. What Dookie does best are screens and returning kicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    I agree as well. I think we need someone that can give us value on short yardage plays, i'm hoping that we can get michael bush in the second round.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    He was the same way with the Packers. I think he is a good role player and is needed for depth but like you said for a guy his size he should be a tank. What Dookie does best are screens and returning kicks.
    yeah he is a decent role player, and he finally got to show his catching abilities with us......but haynes is good when he's actually healthy for that....so i rather get a legit power back to take the load off of willie

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by big d View Post
    I agree as well. I think we need someone that can give us value on short yardage plays, i'm hoping that we can get michael bush in the second round.

i'd rather have hunt.....i like bush, but i'm being scared off by he leg injury.......... i don't know if he's gonna be the same, or if he's gonna be a pussy and be tentative running the ball.......

Thread Information