Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Do we trust Leftwich?

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    There is no doubt that Lefty downplayed his injury to the detriment of the team. He could bearly throw but he refused to take himself out the game. But....if Heath Miller was the alternative, maybe that would have sent the "white flag" message to the Ratbirds. So it's really a tough call.

But..the real culprit in this is Tomlin for not having three QB's active. He knows the physicality of these Ravens/Steelers games and he knows how the injury bug keeps haunting us. Batch should have been active.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    There is no doubt that Lefty downplayed his injury to the detriment of the team. He could bearly throw but he refused to take himself out the game.
    No doubt? Really? You are a dolt.

Yes, there is a "doubt" unless Tomlin or Lefty were to come out and say he downplayed it. Even if he did, it was obvious the guy was hurt. He winced after almost every throw and grabbed his ribs. Implying that perhaps Tomlin did not know this but millions of viewers at home and everyone in the stadium did is absurd.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Rookie Free Agent
    Did the local Pittsburgh media ever give Tomlin any heat over not replacing Leftwich? He seems to get a free ride from Mike and Mike. Tomlin needs to have his butt pulled near the flame IMO on this one at least. Before the media, he told them that he thought Leftwich did 'great'. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... how does he get away with that kind of buggering the truth?????? Why is he not held accountable???

Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    No doubt? Really? You are a dolt.

Yes, there is a "doubt" unless Tomlin or Lefty were to come out and say he downplayed it. Even if he did, it was obvious the guy was hurt. He winced after almost every throw and grabbed his ribs. Implying that perhaps Tomlin did not know this but millions of viewers at home and everyone in the stadium did is absurd.
    No son.......your an idiot.

Lefty couldn't even throw the ball down the field on the final hail mary attempt. Lefty KNEW he couldn't. But again..if Miller was the only alternative then I can kinda see why maybe he didn't want to leave the game. But..he should of never been the starter anyway. Batch should of been the starter. So we move on.

So shut up turd breath.

There is no doubt that Lefty downplayed his injury to the detriment of the team. He could bearly throw but he refused to take himself out the game. But....if Heath Miller was the alternative, maybe that would have sent the "white flag" message to the Ratbirds. So it's really a tough call.

But..the real culprit in this is Tomlin for not having three QB's active. He knows the physicality of these Ravens/Steelers games and he knows how the injury bug keeps haunting us. Batch should have been active.
    Batch was active...

Well, that leads to further condemnation on Tomlin then. Batch should have been in there after we all saw Lefty struggling with pain. Lefty couldn't even heave the ball on the final hail mary. Gzzz.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    No son.......your an idiot.

Lefty couldn't even throw the ball down the field on the final hail mary attempt. Lefty KNEW he couldn't. But again..if Miller was the only alternative then I can kinda see why maybe he didn't want to leave the game. But..he should of never been the starter anyway. Batch should of been the starter. So we move on.

So shut up turd breath.
    LOL The coach is completely responsible for who is on the field. Your entire theory is based on the absurd premise that only Lefty knew the extent of his injuries and not Tomlin, even though everyone in the stadium and on TV could tell he was hurt.

And the "Batch should of been the starter" stuff is pure blarney. You have stated-and others have pointed out your statements-that the coaches and front office will prove that Dwyer is the better back because they will pay him and not Mendy. Why does your "logic" not extend to this? It is obvious that the FO feels Lefty is the better QB, so he must be, correct?

Every single person watching the game knew Lefty was really hurting by halftime, yet you want to blame him for hiding his injury from Tomlin even though there is absolutely no evidence he did so. Too funny.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Batch was active...
    Yeah, it would help if he actually watched the game. They showed Batch on two different occasions warming up in full pads.

Tarlsqtr..your an ***.

Lefty knew the extent of his injury to the point of weather he could perform or not. Lefty knew. Obviously he wanted to stay out there and play. To the detriment of the team. It is up to Tomlin to determine his capabilities, inspite of what Lefty says so he can make the best decision for the team in regard to the outcome of the game.

As for the Dwyer/Mendy situation, if the front office thinks that Mendy is so good, then they'll feel he's worth it and they'll pay him. But like I've been saying for over a year, Dwyer would prove he was better then Mendy, and that's why Mendy will be allowed to walk. And you lame excuse of " they can't afford him because he's better" is bull. The truth is that they will let him go because HE ISN'T the superior player at the runningback position. Because Mendy wouldn't cost THAT much to retain.

Starter
    My Mood
    Cool
    i trust batch. he will get the job done.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

Thread Information