Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Do we trust Leftwich?

Bookmark and Share
    The more I've thought about it the last few days, the better I feel about Leftwich. He's obviously not Ben, but with Haley as the coordinator, and the O line playing well for the most part, he should be ok. With some practice reps, and hopefully not the horrible weather like last week, I believe Byron can get the job done. Solid run game and short passes will be key.

Real Deal Steel, making ridiculous statements is one thing... But trying to back up those ridiculous statements with complete ignorance ("There was a reason a couple of years ago that Batch was chosen over Lefty.") is just making you sound foolish big guy.

Warren, OH. It's about a hour & 45 minutes NW from the Burgh.
    Lefty will be fine, I think he may surprise us. The O-line has played a lot better this year, and with them I rest my hopes.

I agree Lefty will be fine. I think Haley is the key here as well, as some have already stated. The game plan will change to suit Lefty I think, Haley is no dummy. He knows BL's feet are sun dial worthy. Expect a big emphasis on the run game and ole reliable Heath Miller. You guys make it sound like Brian St Pierre is starting. Lets have some faith and kick the raven's ***.
    Have Terrible Towel, Will Travel.

Do we trust Leftwich?

Quote Originally Posted by Harrison92 View Post
    he came out stone cold, without a snap since training camp and did an ok job. with all the reps he took in practice, he will be fine.
    I agree. Plus it was nasty weather. I love football weather - especially snow and don't usually mind rain. It was cold and wind was blowing the rain in your face though and very unpleasant. In front of the country on Monday night - I give him tremendous credit for his performance.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Part of that post is the disgust I feel for the situation we are in. But There are a bunch of bad back up QB's in the league. bad meaning that on a scale of 1-10 they are just a two. And Lefty is one of them. I've seen Lefty with reps. There was a reason a couple of years ago that Batch was chosen over Lefty. Nothing has changed in my book. Lefty wasn't good enough two years ago to be the backup starter in case of emergency.
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    Yeah there was a reason that Batch was chosen over Lefty in 2010. Lefty sprained his MCL in the pre-season finale and could not play. Up to that point, Lefty was the starter who was going to replace Ben during his suspension.

And you are completely sounding the retreat bugle again after being called out on a total lack of knowledge. You first stated that Lefty was the "worse (sic) backup in the league" but now have him merely in the same category as those on the list provided by tburg68. Comparing Lefty negatively to Kellen Clemons and the other dregs on that list is a joke.

Please tell us what backup QBs in this league you would rather have starting for us in the playoffs come January if Ben could not go for some reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    The more I've thought about it the last few days, the better I feel about Leftwich. He's obviously not Ben, but with Haley as the coordinator, and the O line playing well for the most part, he should be ok. With some practice reps, and hopefully not the horrible weather like last week, I believe Byron can get the job done. Solid run game and short passes will be key.

Real Deal Steel, making ridiculous statements is one thing... But trying to back up those ridiculous statements with complete ignorance ("There was a reason a couple of years ago that Batch was chosen over Lefty.") is just making you sound foolish big guy.
    I'm not even saying I'm in love with Leftwich, but clearly there are teams in a worse predicament. Batch isn't better than Leftwich. Wasn't Real Deal the one saying that Dwyer is better because the team is going to keep him and let Mendy go? The team has chosen Leftwich over Batch, doesn't that make him better??

Draft Pick
    My Mood
    Ornery
    I think Byron is gonna surprise people and have a good game. Lots of passes in the flat to Rashard, plus a couple strikes downfield.
    Gumbands

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post

Now how do you feel about Lefty??????????????
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Quote Originally Posted by tburg68 View Post
    I'm not even saying I'm in love with Leftwich, but clearly there are teams in a worse predicament. Batch isn't better than Leftwich. Wasn't Real Deal the one saying that Dwyer is better because the team is going to keep him and let Mendy go? The team has chosen Leftwich over Batch, doesn't that make him better??
    Well, you got your answer in last nite's game against the Ravens huh?? Lefty is horrible. And I told you he was BEFORE the game took place. He is not better then Batch. He's a statue and it takes too long for Lefty to get the ball out of his hands. Batch is clearly better.

Quote Originally Posted by jnes1216 View Post
    I agree Lefty will be fine. I think Haley is the key here as well, as some have already stated. The game plan will change to suit Lefty I think, Haley is no dummy. He knows BL's feet are sun dial worthy. Expect a big emphasis on the run game and ole reliable Heath Miller. You guys make it sound like Brian St Pierre is starting. Lets have some faith and kick the raven's ***.
    How do you feel after that awful performance of Lefty now??

Quote Originally Posted by Moondog View Post
    Lefty will be fine, I think he may surprise us. The O-line has played a lot better this year, and with them I rest my hopes.
    Lefty is a cornball.

Thread Information