Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Do we trust Leftwich?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Lefty is the worse backup in the league.
    Whatever, posts like this give you zero credibility.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Kevin Kolb, Tim Tebow, Matt Moore, T.J. Yates, Colin Kaepernick, Shaun Hill, Nick Foles, Chad Henne, Ryan Mallett, David Carr, Matt Leinart, Brady Quinn, Derek Anderson, Chase Daniel, Joe Webb, Kellen Clemens, Luke McCown, Graham Harrell, Drew Stanton, Dan Orlovsky, Charlie Whitehurst, Tyler Thigpen, Tyrod Taylor, Brock Osweiler

Here's a partial list of NFL backups............................WOW

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    EXACTLY, tburg68. They are either a bunch of veterans without a career anywhere close to Lefty's or young kids with no experience who you would never put in to start such an important game. I love speaking with most of the people on this website as they are usually well-informed and great Steelers fans, but on THIS topic it is a ship of fools with RealDealSteel as the captain. Worst backup in the league? Not even close.

We are extremely lucky to have Lefty.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

If they put the ball in his lap and say win the game and he throws 4 picks, then that's the Steelers fault. All he needs to do is not turn the ball over, stay out of 3rd and long, convert 3rd downs and play within his abilities.

But as some of you have said and I agree, the Steelers will win or lose this game on how well the defense defends flacco and rice.

he came out stone cold, without a snap since training camp and did an ok job. with all the reps he took in practice, he will be fine.

Lefty is the worse backup in the league.
    Really? come on now, this is getting redic...lets call Neil O'Donnell then!!!
    "HAIL TO PITT"

Rookie Free Agent
    My Mood
    Woot

My Social Networks

Follow Rhys Lightning 63 On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by tburg68 View Post
    Kevin Kolb, Tim Tebow, Matt Moore, T.J. Yates, Colin Kaepernick, Shaun Hill, Nick Foles, Chad Henne, Ryan Mallett, David Carr, Matt Leinart, Brady Quinn, Derek Anderson, Chase Daniel, Joe Webb, Kellen Clemens, Luke McCown, Graham Harrell, Drew Stanton, Dan Orlovsky, Charlie Whitehurst, Tyler Thigpen, Tyrod Taylor, Brock Osweiler

Here's a partial list of NFL backups............................WOW
    Something tells me that Tim Tebow won't be backing up for much longer

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tburg68 View Post
    Whatever, posts like this give you zero credibility.
    Part of that post is the disgust I feel for the situation we are in. But There are a bunch of bad back up QB's in the league. bad meaning that on a scale of 1-10 they are just a two. And Lefty is one of them. I've seen Lefty with reps. There was a reason a couple of years ago that Batch was chosen over Lefty. Nothing has changed in my book. Lefty wasn't good enough two years ago to be the backup starter in case of emergency.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Rookie Free Agent
    instead of crying about how terrible lefty is, or how terrible batch is, why dont youy place the blame on the people that are actually responsible for our backup qb situation.
    tomlin and colbert have had numerous opportunities to improve this psosition and havent done a thing..........cry about them.
    lefty and batch will perform to the best of their abilities. that's all you can ask of them.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Part of that post is the disgust I feel for the situation we are in. But There are a bunch of bad back up QB's in the league. bad meaning that on a scale of 1-10 they are just a two. And Lefty is one of them. I've seen Lefty with reps. There was a reason a couple of years ago that Batch was chosen over Lefty. Nothing has changed in my book. Lefty wasn't good enough two years ago to be the backup starter in case of emergency.
    Yeah there was a reason that Batch was chosen over Lefty in 2010. Lefty sprained his MCL in the pre-season finale and could not play. Up to that point, Lefty was the starter who was going to replace Ben during his suspension.

And you are completely sounding the retreat bugle again after being called out on a total lack of knowledge. You first stated that Lefty was the "worse (sic) backup in the league" but now have him merely in the same category as those on the list provided by tburg68. Comparing Lefty negatively to Kellen Clemons and the other dregs on that list is a joke.

Please tell us what backup QBs in this league you would rather have starting for us in the playoffs come January if Ben could not go for some reason.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Thread Information