Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Do we trust Leftwich?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Pissedoff
    Career Stas from both Batch and Leftwich are almost the same neither great. right down to QB rating so it is what it is boy's grin and bear it and route for our team what else is left to do??
    Last edited by NorCalSteel; 11-16-2012 at 07:48 AM.

Originally from Armstrong County, now, just south of Stainville
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    a whiner? theres a lot of whiners in pro football, id say about 80%
    Not at QB....Maybe Newton?

Watch Lefty......if the defender breaks up the pass, or the receiver doesn't catch a catchable ball, the look on his face is like "ahhhh man, I only get in once in a while and you guys won't let me look good!"

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Not at QB....Maybe Newton?
    Not at QB? EVERY QB is a whiner.

Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    Not at QB? EVERY QB is a whiner.
    Agree, QBs are some of the biggest babies in the NFL. Look at Brady, Manning(s), Cutler, Flacco, Sanchez, Rivers, Rogers, Cassel, Smith, Romo, and even Ben sometimes.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

My Mood
    Frustrated
    I think we need to give him a little more credit than hes getting. Leftwich is not a complete scrub, hes a veteran guy and has experience. I know he is not mobile at all and he can't extend the play like Ben but he still can throw the ball. The long wind up is a problem but hes proven he can win an NFL football game. I think the Steelers are going to try to run the ball down the Ravens throats and that will take a ton of pressure off of Leftwich.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    For the record, Leftwich is the best option for the Steelers at QB. He definitely is not the worst backup in the league, and better than Batch at this point. McNabb is a joke.

If the Steelers win this game, it will be from pressuring Flacco and stopping the run.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by tburg68 View Post
    For the record, Leftwich is the best option for the Steelers at QB. He definitely is not the worst backup in the league, and better than Batch at this point. McNabb is a joke.

If the Steelers win this game, it will be from pressuring Flacco and stopping the run.
    Not only is he not the worst, he is one of the better backups. For Pete's sake, here is a list I put up the other day, "Graham Harrell (Rodgers' backup), Chase Daniel (Brees' backup), Tyrod Taylor (Flacco's backup), Brady Quinn (Cassell's backup), Colin Kaepernick (Smith's backup), David Carr (Eli's backup), Tim Tebow (Sanchez's backup), Brock Osweiler (Peyton's backup), Derek Anderson (Newton's backup)."

Is there ONE that you would rather have as an emergency starter in a playoff game or a week 11 game against the Ravens? Every backup has flaws or he would be starting. Lefty is no exception. However, the guy had a winning record as the Jag starter
    in 46 games. He is a capable NFL quarterback in the right system. Everyone should stop whining that we do not have Brady as a backup.
    Last edited by TarlsQtr; 11-16-2012 at 04:40 PM.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Hell no we don't trush Lefty. But for some reason the coaching staff has chosen him over Batch. So Lefty is getting all the reps this week and he better come out on target against the hated ones.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tburg68 View Post

Lefty is the worse backup in the league.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Lefty is the worse backup in the league.
    Yeah, I would much rather go into the game Sunday night with Brock Osweiler or Tyrod Taylor than Lefty. LOL
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Thread Information