Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Do we trust Leftwich?

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    leftwich is a big, strong, accurate QB. I think with better weather and a full week of practice he will put them in a position to win the game. everyone has to step up and rally behind him but he can definitely do it.

I worry about him being a sitting duck in the pocket, and his biggest fault in jacksonville is that long *** wind up. He had Mat Jones 6-6, Reggie Williams 6-5, ernest wilford 6-4, and marcedes lewis 6-6 and he would overshoot them wayyy too much. granted they all were ****ing terrible but he needs to make smart decisions and quick reads this week
    This is crap. Lefty is a bum. And he is clearly worse then Batch.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    This is crap. Lefty is a bum. And he is clearly worse then Batch.
    clearly worse than batch is nonsensical. batch is pretty bad. they way theyve been running the ball though i dont think it will matter, especially with Mendenhall coming back

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    I hate to even type these words because it feels like an epitaph. Leftwich's release is a thing of horror. He throws bullets when touch is needed. If he started 16 games he would lead the league in blocked passes and also in deflected interceptions.

Not to mention he is a whiner.....every time something happens to thwart a play he gets upset.

I would rather see us use Batch till he breaks and bring Hines Ward back to be his backup.
    a whiner? theres a lot of whiners in pro football, id say about 80%

Rookie Free Agent
    My Mood
    Woot

My Social Networks

Follow Rhys Lightning 63 On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryNJ View Post

He may be called because I don't see Lefty and Batch lasting.
    That's not a bad shout actually

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    clearly worse than batch is nonsensical. batch is pretty bad. they way theyve been running the ball though i dont think it will matter, especially with Mendenhall coming back
    You endorsing Lefty over Batch is non-sensical. Lefty hasn't won a game he's started in eons. And he can't move. Atleast Batch can move left or right. And it doesn't take Batch 15 minutes to throw a pass.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Fight

Re: Do we trust Leftwich?

It's the Steelers and Ravens all we know is that both teams will play physical and whoever is more physical is going to win this game. Stats and everything else doesn't matter

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    "Without ME, it's just AWESO"
    and
    "To all the virgins, thanks for nothing"

Some of you must think Haley is the biggest idiot walking. Do you honestly believe haley will design a gameplan that puts Lefty directly in the crosshairs and have the fate of the game rest on his shoulders? C'mon. There will be more running plays with a FB, some shotgun with a chip or max protect to Suggs' side. If the WR's can't get open vs the Rats secondary, then we have bigger problems. Except for Ed Reed, the Rats secondary SUCKS, and we have 2 blazers at WR and one over the middle guy (Cotch), plus Heath. Not to mention Lefty was a little rusty vs KC with absolutely no snaps since Latrobe. BTW, KC has a better defense than the Rats. With a week's worth of reps, I believe (albeit cautiously) that Lefty will not be the reason the Steelers lose this game - if they lose. Unless Lefty throws 4 ints and a pick 6, I truly believe whether or not the Steelers win this game will be a direct result of how well the defense plays and how well we do on special teams. This would be a great game for Rainey to break out and take one to the house. Might also be a great time for the defense to take over a game and knock unibrow out.
    Still waiting for Harrison to show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Harrison92 View Post
    Still waiting for Harrison to show up.
    Maybe his repeated run at the QB isnt working no more.... he wore his left hip out..

Switch him and Woodley. Maybe a change of direction will help him.... he can wear his right hip out..

Other than that... We need to rotate him out.. Worilds has more sacks.

But then you have Rice also.. So... roatate..

Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    Maybe his repeated run at the QB isnt working no more.... he wore his left hip out..

Switch him and Woodley. Maybe a change of direction will help him.... he can wear his right hip out..

Other than that... We need to rotate him out.. Worilds has more sacks.

But then you have Rice also.. So... roatate..
    I don't know why he doesn't try a spin move once in a while. . .he used to and it was very effective.

Draft Pick
    I would have more confidence on Batch to be able to make a quick read, understand what the defense is doing and get rid of the ball quickly to the right receiver. Of course he'll probably break in half if someone sneezes on him but that's another story. Garrard anyone?, or get Tebow for a bucket of gatorade??.

Thread Information