Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 41

Thread: This game Sunday is going to come down to how well Flacco plays...

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #31
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ranclho Cucamonga,California
    Posts
    5,576
    Quote Originally Posted by CLEVELANDSTEEL View Post
    As long as we are not defeated by the zone blocking ,and we get pressure on that wack QB ( which we will ) and make there receivers pay when they catch the ball we will win, Lefty will be much better this week, we owe them, so this is our statement game! we blow the rats out 41-7...
    I hope like Hell your right. I reeeeaaally want to win this game. Do you know what we would do to the mentality of the Ravens if we were to beat them without Ben???
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

  2. #32
    Big T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Penn State University
    Posts
    5,818
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    I hope like Hell your right. I reeeeaaally want to win this game. Do you know what we would do to the mentality of the Ravens if we were to beat them without Ben???
    No kidding. The excuses would be fun to hear. If it happens, I hope they use injuries as an excuse lol.

  3. #33
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Michigan City, IN
    Posts
    12,977
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    No kidding. The excuses would be fun to hear. If it happens, I hope they use injuries as an excuse lol.
    Suggs might sack his own QB.....lol

  4. #34
    steelers4life66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Myrtle Beach SC
    Posts
    1,546
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerCountry58 View Post
    How bout we crush Focko and put him on the shelf for a few weeks.
    Even it up a bit huh? But then again they have Tyrod Taylor who is
    a decent backup and would run all over us. Maybe it's best Focko just
    plays like **** and we steal one here at home.
    How bout we take'm both out.

    I pledge allegiance to the flag of the united steeler nation.
    And to the franchise for which it stands. One nation of domination
    With the ability to crush you all.


  5. #35
    2nd String Moondog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Warren, OH. It's about a hour & 45 minutes NW from the Burgh.
    Posts
    566
    The rats are going to attack early and often, I wouldnt be surprised to see a lot of no huddle as someone else had mentioned. The Steelers should stick to controlling the ball, something they've been good at this year and if the Ravens sell out to stop the run, Lefty must be able to make them pay, and I think he will. The weakness of the rat's defense encourages me but the strength of the rat's offense has me a little uneasy. Fucco, as much as I can't stand him, has been playing the Steelers well recently. Man, I wish Woodley and Harrison would wake up, but I've seen no indication that they willl suddenly come alive and pressure consistently. I do think the Steelers will be ready though, sometimes when a major player goes down, the team will rally around that and bring their play up to a higher level. They will play disciplined, inspired football and the weather will be decent, so the fans should really be bringing the emotional intensity to the forefront. I'm cautiously optimistic.

  6. #36
    steelers4life66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Myrtle Beach SC
    Posts
    1,546
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by LevonKirkland99 View Post
    This game is going to be all about how we stop Ray Rice in the middle. So Timmons is going to be key in this game to stopping RR. Flaccid is not the best player on that offense, RR is.
    Timmons was a beast Monday. Heres to a repeat.

    I pledge allegiance to the flag of the united steeler nation.
    And to the franchise for which it stands. One nation of domination
    With the ability to crush you all.


  7. #37
    steelers4life66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Myrtle Beach SC
    Posts
    1,546
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Sure wish AB was playing.

    I pledge allegiance to the flag of the united steeler nation.
    And to the franchise for which it stands. One nation of domination
    With the ability to crush you all.


  8. #38
    2nd String jnes1216's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    683
    The title of this thread is a key here. The Steelers defense needs to dictate this game by finally getting some pressure on the qb and making him adjust. Not us adjust to them. Definitely pay a whole lot of attention to Rice but LeBeau should have a pep talk with the OLBers and remind them what a factor they can be, hit this jackwad at every opportunity.
    Have Terrible Towel, Will Travel.

  9. #39
    Big T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Penn State University
    Posts
    5,818
    Quote Originally Posted by Moondog View Post
    The rats are going to attack early and often, I wouldnt be surprised to see a lot of no huddle as someone else had mentioned. The Steelers should stick to controlling the ball, something they've been good at this year and if the Ravens sell out to stop the run, Lefty must be able to make them pay, and I think he will. The weakness of the rat's defense encourages me but the strength of the rat's offense has me a little uneasy. Fucco, as much as I can't stand him, has been playing the Steelers well recently. Man, I wish Woodley and Harrison would wake up, but I've seen no indication that they willl suddenly come alive and pressure consistently. I do think the Steelers will be ready though, sometimes when a major player goes down, the team will rally around that and bring their play up to a higher level. They will play disciplined, inspired football and the weather will be decent, so the fans should really be bringing the emotional intensity to the forefront. I'm cautiously optimistic.
    James Harrison doesn't look the same, but Woodley has been great rushing the passer. Sure his sacks are down, but he's been putting pressure on opposing QBs.

    This might help:
    https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...-productivity/

    Rated 6th in the NFL at pass rushing productivity.

  10. #40
    Starter LevonKirkland99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Redskins country
    Posts
    1,625
    I hope Woodley has a good game too...Not sure about harrison, looks like he is not @ 100% at this point. I'll be happy if Woodley and Timmons play well though.
    "HAIL TO PITT"

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. I'm going to the Patriots game on Sunday!
    By BlitzburghRockCity in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 10-30-2011, 01:45 PM
  2. Replies: 27
    Last Post: 11-08-2010, 07:12 AM
  3. Plays and tactics that could have costed us the game
    By Infern0 in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 12-12-2007, 07:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •