Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Roethlisberger listed as Questionable - UPDATE 11/14: Officially OUT, no timetable for return yet

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Exclamation Roethlisberger listed as Questionable - UPDATE 11/14: Officially OUT, no timetable for return yet

Ben officially listed as Questionable with shoulder sprain. Specifically an SC Joint issue, as described below.

In Tomlin's weekly presser he said nothing more than it's classified as a shoulder sprain and he is questionable as of now. There are reports that Ben is getting another MRI today but as of now Tomlin was his usual vague self in terms of his status.

What is a sternoclavicular joint injury?
    Sternoclavicular (SC) joint injury consists of ligament trauma to the joint connecting the breastbone [sternum] and the collarbone [clavicle]). It is an uncommon injury.

When a ligament is subjected to acute strain, it may either stretch or tear, partially or completely. Such tearing of a ligament is known as a sprain and ranges from microscopic injury to complete disruption. This injury can occur either at its insertion on either bone, but most commonly occurs in its mid-substance. The sprain may result in partial joint displacement (“subluxation”) or complete separation of the joint surfaces (“dislocation”). Displacement can occur either anteriorly (collarbone translates towards the front) or posteriorly (collarbone displaces towards the back).
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 11-13-2012 at 12:56 PM.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/pos...ble-for-ravens

Like BRC stated, no real news. Just Tomlin being Tomlin.

Hopefully it's a minor sprain, and the fact that he is questionable sounds good. Or is that just fasle hope?
    Last edited by SnakeEyes43; 11-13-2012 at 12:49 PM.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

Draft Pick
    I know I will probably get some flack for this, and with Ben's history of being able to play through an injury, but the more I watched the tackle and and started thinking about the birth of their child close to the Ravens game and Tomlin's uncertainty of the injury, do you think it is possible that Ben played up the extent of the injury to be able to miss the game for his son's birth? I know he got the blessing from the ownership and his teammates to be there for his wife, but do you feel he needs a "legitimate" excuse such as an injury to miss the game to satisfy some unruly fans? Just seems very coincidental with the timing of the injury and the game and the birth. Personally, I am okay with him missing the game for his family. Plus I hope the injury is not too severe.
    Thoughts??

My Mood
    Fight

Re: Ben Roethlisberger officially listed as Questionable for Ravens game with SC Joint sprain

Over the years Ben has been a drama king with his injuries, im sure he got hurt a little but he likes to remind people he is Superman and will play through his injury

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    "Without ME, it's just AWESO"
    and
    "To all the virgins, thanks for nothing"

Quote Originally Posted by chisteeler View Post
    Do you think it is possible that Ben played up the extent of the injury to be able to miss the game for his son's birth? I know he got the blessing from the ownership and his teammates to be there for his wife, but do you feel he needs a "legitimate" excuse such as an injury to miss the game to satisfy some unruly fans? Just seems very coincidental with the timing of the injury and the game and the birth.
    Thoughts??
    I thought that too for a second last night. But in reality, Ben doesn't need an excuse to see his son be born. I think he would just say that he isn't playing. I just hope he doesn't miss the first Rats game because of injury and then the second because of the birth.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I thought that for a second as well, but yeah Ben doesn't need excuses. He's told them he's not going to miss a game and that's that. He doesn't care if the fans agree with it or not, and there's no reason that he should.

Starter
    My Mood
    Cool
    i have feeling ben will be out there sunday night,
    Cleveland Browns suck!

Ben Roethlisberger officially listed as Questionable for Ravens game with SC Joint sprain

Quote Originally Posted by Clevelandsux View Post
    i have feeling ben will be out there sunday night,
    Same here...

I don't want him out there if the injury is going to affect his ability to practice or throw.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/Sports%20gallery/Pittsburgh%20sports/Pittsburgh%20Steelers%20-%206X%20Super%20Bowl%20champions/PGH256A.jpg
    Six Lombardi Trophies: Not coming soon to a city near you.

Quote Originally Posted by chisteeler View Post
    I know I will probably get some flack for this, and with Ben's history of being able to play through an injury, but the more I watched the tackle and and started thinking about the birth of their child close to the Ravens game and Tomlin's uncertainty of the injury, do you think it is possible that Ben played up the extent of the injury to be able to miss the game for his son's birth? I know he got the blessing from the ownership and his teammates to be there for his wife, but do you feel he needs a "legitimate" excuse such as an injury to miss the game to satisfy some unruly fans? Just seems very coincidental with the timing of the injury and the game and the birth. Personally, I am okay with him missing the game for his family. Plus I hope the injury is not too severe.
    Thoughts??
    I think that there's about .001% chance of that being true. I understand that he wants to be with his wife on that day. But he also want to win a Super Bowl. He is very close to going down as one of the best of all time. 1 more ring and he's there in every conversation. 2 more rings and he's now in the top 3 or 4 of all time.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

Thread Information